Project Manager Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Concentra is looking for a proactive, results-oriented EPMO Project Manager. The EPMO Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing IT infrastructure technical and/or software development projects within scope, timeline and budget. This role will require collaboration with IT teams and the business units. The EPMO Project Manager must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously within prescribed time frames, project specifications, funding parameters and in accordance with Concentra and department policies, practices and procedures. The EPMO Project Manager reports to the Director of EPMO, Information Technology
The EPMO Project Manager obtains effort estimations, identifies risks and mitigations, develops the work plans, budgets and timelines along with project communications. This role will be expected to identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities as well as cost saving measures. The EPMO Project Manager will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects. This role will prepare reports for upper management regarding the status of projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads infrastructure, technical and/or software development projects
- Reviews project proposal or phases to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Establishes scope document, work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Creates and executes IT project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and test effort action plans, impact and resolution options
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope along with identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customer. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively applies Select’s project management methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes Select’s exposure and risk on project. Develops mitigation plans.
- Manages project budget. Tracks and reports consultant hours and expenses on a weekly basis. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors payables for project.
- Plan and communicate with business/customer, IT Leadership, vendors and other key stakeholders regarding status, milestones, and issue resolution
- Facilitates team and customer meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with project teams.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news as it impacts the project.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations and effectively communicate relevant project information to management, stakeholders and team members.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively. Remains on the forefront of emerging PM practices.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- 3-5 years demonstrated information project management experience (PMP certification preferred) with articulated examples of implementation success, risk management actions, developing and tracking budgets, coaching, supervision, staffing, management proficiency, process improvement, planning, performance management.
- Expert understanding of full Software Life Cycle Development, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Expert in use of Microsoft Office Suite including Project and Visio
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational, presentation, and analytical skills. Possess the ability to interact professionally with Senior Leadership. Will possess professionalism and ease in large group presentations with Concentra, customer and vendor executives.
- Ability to interact with technical staff across multiple systems and disciplines
- Ability to successfully mediate difficult situations
- High degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
- Strong experience directing the creation of test plans, business specifications, and workflow diagrams
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in information technology preferred or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Masters – Preferred
- PMP – Preferred
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.