Proposal Manager Addison TX Full Time
Valor Healthcare was established in 2004 and is the largest, most experienced contract provider of CBOCs in the country, currently operating over 30 clinics across the United States that treat over 110,000 Veterans a year. Our clinics provide a full range of medical services that are tailored to meet the specific healthcare needs of our VA Medical Center partners and the Veterans they serve. Our leadership team is comprised of Veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world class patient experience for our Nation’s Heroes.
Valor is looking for a Proposal Development Manager (PM) who will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of the proposal process and proposal writing from start to finish. The PM manages, writes, edits and coordinates proposals to support business development efforts for the organization. This position responds to requests for proposals (RFPs) with extremely tight deadlines, including writing narratives in response to the RFP, developing and updating templates for proposals and developing and maintaining databases of responses, boilerplates, resumes and past performance information. Interfaces with functional or subject matter experts and various departments to respond to the RFP and complete proposals in a timely manner. Very strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail are required, as multiple proposals may be in process simultaneously. This role reports to the VP Operations.
Proposal Management and Writing:
Responsible for timely and accurate proposal submission to the government customer.
Manage all aspects of proposal process from release of RFI to submission of proposal.
Development and ongoing evolution/enhancement of the format and style of the proposal template, including incorporating updated language from members of the leadership team.
Responsible for reading each RFP and analyzing the contents including the performance work statement, equipment and service requirements, terms and conditions, pricing information and competitive specifications.
Creates a compliance/requirements matrix to ensure the proposal meets all requirements of the customer and addresses all requirements of the RFP.
Coordinates/consolidates responses from each functional team to appropriately address all requirements.
Incorporate language specific to the individual proposal documents.
Ensure timely receipt from management team of all required information and documents for the proposal.
Maintain shared calendar of deliverables and due dates for all proposals and ensure all deliverables received timely.
Distribute document to appropriate SME and/or review team for review and comments per the proposal calendar.
Develop graphics and/or work with graphic designers to translate concepts into compelling and informative images.
Proofread and copy edit all documents for grammar, style and content.
Provide overall quality control including completeness, color correction, formatting, accuracy, tabbing, binding, packaging and compliance with submission guidelines.
Print and ship final document.
Support all operational teams to ensure top priority is given for each proposal in their region.
Must maintain excellent dialogue between the operational and support teams.
Fulfill compliance requirements as required internally or by the VA.
Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
- Degree in English, communications, journalism or other related degree, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Five years’ experience or equivalent writing/producing proposals or grants for the Federal Government—VA proposal experience preferred.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; excellent time management skills required.
- Mastery of MS Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint required. Experience with proposal management software preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail & strong organization skills.
- Ability to design proposal in multiple stylistic formats in a way that is straight forward, compelling and captivating for the reader.
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.