Application Development Manager
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees. We are looking for an exeperienced Corporate Recruiter to join our team and look forward to connecting with you!
The Manager of Application Development is responsible for leading application development (emphasis on customizing purchased applications with some custom development), integration and maintenance. This leader will direct applications strategy and requirements development with key business owners and stakeholders. The manager engages with and manages the relationship with stakeholders to gain a strong understanding of the business needs and how software can enable the required business functionality. This position works across Concentra business units and within IS to ensure that project and production objectives are successfully met.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by designing, developing, upgrading, releasing, and maintaining Concentra’s business capabilities using a planned and structured process
- Is responsible for Concentra’s overall applications development, integration, and maintenance efforts
- Consult with all stakeholders to identify their needs and build and maintain applications and solutions that will balance competing client needs and priorities, improve business processes, meet targeted project business and performance criteria
- Evolve and mature the current systems and applications architecture as Introduce technology best practices and design patterns.
- Provide technology process leadership to develop lean and agile processes to quickly deliver the product or feature with acceptable quality to market
- Manage information systems colleagues and contractors to design, develop, and implement software
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least 3 years of experience leading a team of engineers in a dynamic environment managing complex and often conflicting product requirements from a diverse group of external and/or internal customers
- Experience as a developer with knowledge of delivering software, database management, and workflow solutions in an environment where speed of change is constant. While hands on coding is not expected ideally the person in this position will have knowledge of Microsoft .NET and/or Java platforms and tools as well as understanding of Middleware TIBCO or other ESB knowledge is a highly preferred.
- Direct database experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases development. Introduce technology best practices and design Well versed with content and knowledge management tools and products like Confluence and SharePoint.
- Experience working in Agile development methodology team environment and leading Agile team(s).
- Inherent knowledge of development processes and best practices to manage multiple, large scale, and co-dependent systems software development projects consistently on time and on budget.
- Experience in software management and integration of complex systems from numerous development sources including matrixed internal organizations.
- Experience supporting multiple products, estimating project resource requirements, and managing product delivery schedules and associated risk.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Is able to provide technology process leadership to develop lean and agile processes to quickly deliver the product or feature with acceptable quality to market
- Recognizes when change is required and deals effectively with the uncertainty of change. Able to assess the implications of risks, and moves others to action, uses a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex problems effectively with rigorous logic and creative Able to simplify complex processes and figure out the steps to get things done in practice. Recognized for the quality of their thinking and ideas, sought out by others for their advice and solutions.
- Can be counted on when times are tough to do the right Has the courage to take difficult decisions and act ethically.
- Brings to life, support, and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones. Sets a high-performance climate where associates have the opportunity to do what they do best. Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their Builds high performing team behaviors with a strong sense of belonging, team spirit and pride. Treats others fairly with trust, dignity, and respect. Embraces diversity by creating inclusive high trust relationships. Has the courage to hold honest candid discussions while being direct and forceful or diplomatic as required.
- Is skilled at assessing performance and future potential and assembling a high performing team. Does not compromise on talent. Constructs and executes compelling development plans with assignments and metrics that stretch and challenge associates beyond their comfort Holds frequent development discussions and candid, two-way conversations with others about their performance, career aspirations and potential. Encourages lifelong learning. Monitors progress and results, and designs feedback loops into work.
- Creates focus by evaluating and prioritizing the areas with the greatest impact and eliminating less valuable Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on. Knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels. Breaks down work into process steps. Develops schedules and tasks. Quickly senses what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and adjusts for roadblocks measuring performance against goals. Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement. Has the functional/technical knowledge required to do the job and works to keep this knowledge current.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Seeks to understand and anticipate the needs of others, practicing attentive and active listening. Steps up to conflicts by managing them as opportunities and is able to find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise. Presents facts in a depersonalized and helpful manner. Represents own interests and points of view while being fair to colleagues. Is able to flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people. Seeks feedback for personal learning.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of implementing enhanced product development processes that shorten release cycles and improve “time to market” for new
- Proven ability to work effectively with the business leaders in defining product requirements and specifications
- Strong communications skills to across the IS organization, business units, and customers
- Able to apply knowledge and analytical thinking to work through issues
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to multi-task and help remove blockages for the Excellent organizational skills.