IT Asset Management / IT Purchasing Manager
The IT Asset Management Manager responsible for the team ensuring that technology assets are, received, recovered, deployed, tracked, and retired in a controlled manner. This position is also involved in various projects and must maintain coordination and communication with other IS teams and business units in support of the locations and their associated projects. The IT Asset Management Manager is expected to identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities as well as cost saving measures. This Manager will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships while coordinating and communicating with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects requiring IT Asset lifecycle services. This position will support the processes, tools and techniques followed by Select Medical / Concentra’s IS Department along with standard Industry best practices. The IT Asset Management Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology, IT Assets & Purchasing.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
- Direct and supervise IT Asset Management employees ensuring the timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Supervises and consults on all aspects of the IT Asset Management Lifecycle to include shipping and receiving, inventory control, license management, data accuracy, asset refresh/renewal and inventory disposition, decommissioning and disposal.
- Oversee the daily management of software and technology-related hardware asset records within the organization to ensure compliance.
- Work with project teams to ensure that assets are managed in accordance with service level expectations and project schedules.
- Plan and communicate with business/customer, IT Leadership, vendors and other key stakeholders regarding status, milestones, and issue resolution
- Manage vendors and vendor relationships to ensure we receives the best value for its assets and provisioned services.
- Ensures the execution of processes and procedures to certify technology assets are acquired, received, deployed, tracked, and retired in a controlled manner.
- Open, review, direct and consult on service requests with staff, customers, and vendors to ensure that all requests for service are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure data accuracy of Assets and their attributes (statuses and locations) in asset management tools and systems.
- Utilize strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills to help staff drive projects and complete objectives.
- Set priorities along with coordinating and reporting the team’s activities and performance.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff and make recommendations for professional growth.
- Screen candidates for open staff positions and conduct interviews.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Level: Associate Degree
- Associates degree or higher in Information Technology, Business Systems, Supply Chain Management, Asset Management, Computer Science, or equivalent educational / work experience.
Customarily has at least the following experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology, IT Asset Management, or Supply Chain Management with at least 2 years in supervisory or management capacity.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Broad knowledge of IT Asset Management and IT concepts, disciplines, best practices and methodologies will be expected. Experience in healthcare IT Asset Management is a plus.
- Ability to perform with a sense of urgency within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the prioritization and management of multiple projects at once without compromising quality and service levels.
- Demonstrated strong people leadership, teamwork and personnel/project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Exceptional customer service skills; the ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company) with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Must have the ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and pay specific attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills with a sense of urgency prioritizing resolution of issues that affect business workflow and patient care.
- Experience managing equipment in large corporate environments.
- ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Skilled in Microsoft productivity applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook / O365.