Senior Engineer, DevOps - $5000 Sign on Bonus
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. The engineer is responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Concentra technology standards. In addition, the engineer is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies. DevOps Engineers work under the supervision of the Manager, DevOps.
- Develop software tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies
- Possess very deep knowledge about the whole technology stack of the system
- Evolve the architecture to support future requirements and defines its SLAs
- Mentor others to accelerate their career-growth and encourages them to participate
- Challenge the team processes, looking for ways to improve them
- Make an impact on the whole team, not just on specific parts of it
- Respond to any Help Desk tickets relating to Development issues
- Develop reports utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques
- Support the mission and direction of Concentra, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation
- Create, maintain, and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times
- Provide technical mentoring to the more junior developers
- Work with end users and other Information Services staff to develop criteria for specific phases of assigned projects,
- and ensure proper testing of all developed solutions
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa.
- Customarily has at least six or more years of DevOps experience
- 10 years of total work experience out of which at least 6 years as DevOps engineer, with hands on experience building AWS and/or Azure infrastructure.
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bamboo for automated deployments.
- Experience in source code repositories like Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab etc.
- Experience in JIRA or similar code tagging system
- Expertise in implementing methodologies for Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, High Availability, High Scalability, Monitoring, Logging, Security and Governance.
- Proficient in Administering Linux, and Windows based platforms.
- Hands on Experience in containerization using Docker and deploying the microservices using Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Docker Images and managing Docker hub.
- Experience with Terraform or ARM templates for creation of Infrastructure and good understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Hands on Experience in launching, configuring, and maintaining AWS or Azure cloud resources.
- Experience in troubleshooting builds & deployments of applications developed in varied technologies from desktop to web and cloud-based applications via Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitLab etc.
- Strong scripting knowledge using languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Must understand complex multi-tiered environments and how they interact and integrate with DevOps Toolsets
- Must have experience in Business Process Improvement, Problem Management/Preventive Maintenance and Analytical & Conceptual Problem Solving
- Experience supporting production enterprise applications.
- Preferred(not mandatory) experience includes:
- AWS or Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with
- federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments
- Requires superior teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if required.
*This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management*
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans