IT Release manager
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Concentra is recognized as the nation’s leading occupational health care company.
With more than 40 years of experience, Concentra is dedicated to our mission to improve the health of America’s workforce, one patient at a time. With a wide range of services and proactive approaches to care, Concentra colleagues provide exceptional service to employers and exceptional care to their employees.
The IT Release Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, controlling, and coordinating the movement of releases to all non-production and production environments. The primary objective is to ensure that the integrity of the production run environment and company code assets are protected. Coordinates with the Change Advisory Board (CAB) to ensure the correct components are released. Will define policies and procedures for the configuration/ release management process.
- Leads the release/configuration management initiatives while overseeing the day-to-day release management promotion activities. The release/configuration management initiatives are targeted to implement, enhance, and streamline the IT-AppDev delivery processes to maintain the intrinsic release/configuration management values with minimal impact on the development teams.
Configuration/Change Management and Release Engineering:
- Define and support Source Control practices
- Implement business rules as part of the Source Control tool standards
- Define and implement branching policies and management
- Drive the build and release/configuration management processes
- Release coordination
Management of Deployment Process:
- Deployment of software changes to non-production and production environments, in collaboration with Developers, DevOps, and Infrastructure teams.
- Management and oversight of the day-to-day deployment process
- Track deployment related issues
Working with AppDev Teams to Create Development and Delivery Process Standards:
- Define the workflow of the AppDev development and release process
- Create standards for interactions with release/configuration management tools and processes
- Drive necessary architectural aspects of applications to enhance release/change management characteristics
- Understand and create effective release/configuration management processes for new technologies, tools and methodologies
- Version control management
- Build and release automation - analyze and drive software release automation
- Reporting and audit support
- Understand and prioritize open issues and user requests according to the needs of the business
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Major: Degree must be from an accredited college or university.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Certifications in Configuration/Release management preferred
Experience in lieu of required education is acceptable: Yes
Continuing education is required to maintain license and to perform job: No
Customarily has at least the following experience:
- 5+ years Information Technology experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in Configuration Management and Release Engineering
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills dedicated to completing tasks on schedule
- Proven track record of leading and being responsible for Release and Configuration Management processes
- Experience in development, project coordination, scheduling, and delivery in diverse environments
- Preferred experience with GitLab, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket), ServiceNow that covers defect tracking, source code control, requirement management and build automation
- Past experience in usage of source control tools and implementing policies with tools
- Experience working with defect tracking tools and implementing/integrating with configuration management build/release procedures
- Strong build/release experience including automation of regular periodic builds
- Expert in automating Configuration Management, Build Management and Release Engineering processes
- Solid understanding of Microsoft .NET Technologies and Java
- Broad base knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large size, and proficiency in policy formulation and communication to others
- Self-motivated to identify and correct operational issues without guidance from management
- Ability to lead technology related projects without guidance, ensuring operational excellence and proactive communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, plus people and interpersonal skills
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference. At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule and work with leading edge technologies that continuously advance your knowledge and skills.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans