Systems Trainer Mountain Region
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of systems training to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
Individually and as part of the Systems Training Team, the Systems Trainer is responsible for development, maintenance and updating of systems training materials and training plans to support end user systems learning and mastery. The trainer plans and conducts end user system training as needed both onsite and on-line. In addition, the trainer provides onsite user support post-training as needed for new center colleagues and post-acquisition.
- Develop an understanding of Concentra's systems, how they work individually, together, and support Concentra's business
- Coordinate with IS development teams and clinical and operations stakeholders to understand upcoming system upgrades and changes
- Spend time in centers to learn Concentra work flows for operations and clinical (medical and therapy) processes and how systems support workflow
- Create, update, and revise documentation in support of systems training programs
- Customize and deploy systems training as it relates to meeting the technical requirements for Concentra’s business
- Provide systems training for new center acquisitions, denovos, onsites and/or to accommodate special requests
- Collaborate with instructional design team on analysis, design, and implementation
- Partner with Area Operations and Clinical leadership teams to understand and help address systems training and workflow challenges
- Coordinate with field training and clinical support to share information and solutions
- Facilitate and deliver training in both live and virtual settings
- Track and report training activities, onsite and virtual
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, or a related healthcare field, from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least 1 year training experience or equivalent lead role in use of clinical systems
- At least 1 year of organizational change management experience a plus
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Clinical systems, Practice Management and Electronic Medical Record experience
- Clinical systems interest/aptitude from an operations perspective
- Strong Microsoft office tools skills
- Exceptional writing and documentation skill and experience
- Ability to effectively engage organization at various levels including Regional, Area, Center, and support colleagues
- Effective leadership skills and ability to influence beyond authority
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize and manage multiple projects
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.