Software Development Specialist II
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees. We are looking for an exeperienced Corporate Recruiter to join our team and look forward to connecting with you!
The Java Software Development Specialist II is responsible for the review, analysis and modification of programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. The Specialist II is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies.
- Develop software tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies
- Address help desk tickets relating to development issues
- Develop reports, upon request, utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets
- On a daily basis review outstanding issues to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Monitor and report any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data
- Ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques
- Create, maintain and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar field from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least 1 or more years of software development experience to include:
- Large scale multi-site IS operations
- PC Hardware and peripheral
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications
- Knowledge of browser-based technology
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.