Director, Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
The Enterprise Project Management Office Director develops and establishes the strategic direction and standards for a project management team, and the projects/products that are managed by the team. The director is responsible for leveraging business and industry knowledge and best practices to lead the development and implementation of complex projects as well as overseeing the execution of solutions impacting profitability and operational efficiencies. This position anticipates and addresses obstacles which could impact the overall success of projects.
This leader is responsible for creating an environment in which the team can successfully contribute to the development and deployment of IS initiatives. This includes providing leadership, coaching and mentoring, and accountability for a team of Senior Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and Scrum Masters.
The position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer and is a key position supporting all management. The Director is responsible for building strong relationships with business and technology stakeholders including executive leadership team members.
- Effectively manage and prioritize the overall project portfolio management, which includes tracking approvals, funding, to full project execution
- Serve as an escalation point, providing conflict resolution to drive top quality, on-time/budget delivery of projects
- Evaluate data and metrics to propose new strategies to improve project delivery and develop reports that portray and give external stakeholders visibility into the project landscape
- Directly manage IS/IT team projects during project delivery, multiple concurrent projects, as well as various projects throughout the year
- Serve as key leader in the Agile transformation process
- Prepare and execute realistic cross-team project schedules including milestones and Manage schedule and task tracking system and ensure it accurately reflects ongoing work. Proactively identify and mitigate risks associated with meeting feature and release milestones.
- Provide leadership on project management processes, methodology, and tools that span multiple business units. Identify and leverage personal and team project management best practices to help successfully scale the Project Management team along with the growing company.
- Work with the project management team to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes.
- Ensure projects are aligned to company priorities and associated business outcomes and are completed on time, in scope, and within budget.
- Ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve project risks which may impede progress or compromise achievement scheduled milestones
- Work closely with assigned teams on process improvement and proactively engage with stakeholder to identify and monitor progress and issue resolution
- Establish and maintain a framework for issue resolution and risk mitigation, as well as the centralized visibility to help planning and scheduling teams to identify the most suitable approach to deliver projects and programs
- Work with project management team to integrate process improvement and development methodologies into current planning and management processes
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Direct reports: Yes
- Indirect reports: No
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- PMP or CPM Certification a plus
- CSM - Certified Scrum Master a plus
- CSPO - Certified Product Owner a plus
- Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC) or practitioner certification a plus
- Customarily has 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in software development project management and with personal and team accountability and ownership
- Customarily has 5 or more years of experience in implementing Scaled Agile Framework program (SAFe)
- Strong delivery and lean process experience with a proven track record of transforming large scale delivery from traditional methodologies to scaled agile (SAFE)
- Familiarity with various types of projects, processes, and deliverables
- Strong experience in internal and external stakeholder engagement and communication, both written and verbal
- Experience growing a company to operate at scale and effectively work in ambiguity with proven results in a high growth environment
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to oversee projects to ensure appropriate visibility, accountability and escalations
- Able to work independently and escalate appropriately
- Able to communicate and lead projects that span multiple delivery teams. Determine and drive the right tailored planning, status, and metric tracking systems with project teams, internal and external partners and teams input to ensure program on-time delivery and success.
- The ability to lead project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, and a strategic rather than a reactive leader
- Proven business process management skills including planning, organizational, budgeting, and time management skills
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans