Analyst II, Software Development - Java
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
The Java Software Development Analyst II will work within a collaborative agile team. Responsibilities include development, reliability, availability, and performance of Java J2EE applications. Application services provide automation, workflow & process improvement, system/application integration, employer and payer applications.
The Analyst II reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. They are responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Concentra technology standards. In addition, the Analyst II is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies.
- Design, develop and support Java web applications/solutions using OOP, Spring MVC and Struts
- Translate business requirements into functional and dynamic web pages, REST APIs, and back-end batch processes
- Design, develop database tables, stored procedures, triggers on the Oracle database platform and interact with data using JPA
- Contribute to projects alongside peers within the Agile Development Lifecycle
- Attend meetings for story writing/grooming, and status updates
- Work with business analysts to troubleshoot and resolve production support tickets
- Work with business analysts to plan and test production application releases
- Proactively suggest ideas for code patterns, performance improvements, database enhancements, design solutions
- Work with the Middleware and Database teams to deploy builds, execute database requests, troubleshoot problems
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering from an accredited college or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 5+ years of experience developing Java/J2EE web-based applications, including design/development of user interfaces using MVC Frameworks, Struts etc.
- Must have strong experience integrating complex J2EE systems and applications, ideally in an Oracle environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with Core Java and J2EE technologies.
- Knowledge of J2EE Frameworks like Hibernate, Velocity, Spring, is desirable
- Important that the candidate has XML, XSLT, and XML Schema experience.
- Experience with high volume/load, high performing hosted application development
- Strong SQL experience is a must
- Prior experience in Health Care Industry preferred
- Angular JS Experience preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Sound knowledge & work experience on databases Oracle database, Java applications, front-end development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.