Apply scientific principles to healthcare problems by analyzing complex data sets. You will create visualizations and develop models to drive data insights and scale algorithms. The data scientist will work with cutting edge cloud-based services and machine learning algorithms to modernize the way AI is deployed in healthcare. In partnership with clinicians, cloud partners, and business owners you will work backwards from business objectives to drive scalable machine learning solutions and pull through the appropriate technology as needed. You will be a technical leader influencing the analyses and promoting best practices within the team. You should be passionate about working with data, relentless in focus on quality, have a solution mindset, and focused to answer key healthcare challenges.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization
- Determining the correct data sets and variables
- Collecting large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devising and applying models and algorithms to mine the stores of big data
- Analyzing the data to identify patterns and trends
- Interpreting the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Performing statistical analytical techniques ranging from basic descriptive techniques to advanced regression and multivariable techniques, using various statistical software programs.
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
- Make recommendations for new metrics, apply analytical techniques, and build ML models to improve insights for clinical analytics
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with peers that have a range of technical aptitudes to understand business requirements and build analytical solutions to achieve key business goals.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest trends in data science and machine learning.
- Ability to document technical requirements, code comments, and compile white papers to relay technical methodology and key findings.
- Leading development, execution, and validation of highly complex algorithms and predictive models from large sets of data
- Partnering with business subject matter experts to select relevant sources of information and collect necessary data
- Communicating new knowledge and insights gained from mining and analyzing large data sets
- Transferring knowledge and concepts to IS and business teams that are implementing the actual system
- Mentoring and working collaboratively with other data scientists on specific projects, improving team infrastructure and participate in methodology and code reviews
- Research and implement novel ML approaches to accelerate interoperability, knowledge extraction, enterprise search, real-time workflow orchestration, and more
- Have a keen ability to analyze, extract, normalize, understand, and label relevant healthcare data
- Minimal Travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong math skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness are highly desirable qualities.
- Master’s Degree in Health Science-related discipline, public health, statistics, economics, mathematics, healthcare, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Technical experience and data management skills including data extraction, transformation, metadata capabilities.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Track record of publications.
- At least five years’ experience with SQL and statistical software packages (Python, R, SAS/SPSS) required.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (Tableau/MicroStrategy/Power BI) and data frameworks.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if required.
*This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management*
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans