IS Project Manager
From our Addison corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Concentra is looking for a proactive, results-oriented IS Clinical / Healthcare Project Manager. The IS Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing Clinical Application projects within scope, timeline and budget. This role will require collaboration with IS teams and the business units. The IS Project Manager will support the processes, tools and techniques followed by Select Medical and Concentra along with standard best practices outlined by the Project Management Institute. The IS Project Manager reports to the Manager of the Enterprise Project Management Office within Information Services.
The IS Project Manager obtains effort estimations, identifies risks and mitigations, develops the work plans, budgets and timelines along with project communications. This role will be expected to identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities as well as cost saving measures. The IS Project Manager will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects. This role will prepare reports for upper management regarding the status of projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and executes IS project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to understand technical requirements of projects and effectively manage resources, vendors and test effort action plans, impact and resolution options
- Good understanding of healthcare practices and clinical related applications, including EMR and laboratory applications.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope along with identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customer. Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively applies Select Medical & Concentra’s project management methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes Select Medical and Concentra’s exposure and risk on project. Develops mitigation plans.
- Manages project budget. Tracks and reports IS resources and consultant hours and expenses on a monthly basis. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors payables for project.
- Plans and communicates with business/customer, IT Leadership, vendors and other key stakeholders regarding status, milestones, and issue resolution.
- Facilitates team and customer meetings effectively. Holds regular status meetings with project teams. Documents and shares decisions, risks and works to resolve issues.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news as it impacts the project.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations and effectively communicates relevant project information to management, stakeholders and team members.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively. Remains on the forefront of emerging PM practices.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- BS or BA degree in Business Administration, Business Systems, Computer Science or other related field.
- 3-5 years demonstrated information project management experience (PMP certification preferred) with articulated examples of implementation success, risk management actions, developing and tracking budgets, coaching, supervision, staffing, management proficiency, process improvement, planning, performance management.
- Demonstrated project and organizational leadership including initiative identification, ownership and implementation responsibilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills including polished public speaking, presentation material creation, effective correspondence and conference call management.
- Demonstrated and articulated analytical problem identification, management and resolution skills.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or covered veteran status.