BI ETL and Report Developer
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The BI Developer reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. They are responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Concentra technology standards. The Developers are responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies. BI Developers work under the supervision of the Manager, Software Development.
- Responsible for developing software tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job.
- The Engineers are responsible for any Help Desk tickets relating to Development issues.
- Develop reports, upon request, utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications.
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current.
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Support the mission and direction of Concentra, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation.
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures.
- Complete any activities, tasks, and projects assigned.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times.
- Provide technical mentoring to the more junior developers.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments.
- Work with end users and other Information Services staff to develop criteria for specific phases of assigned projects, and ensure proper testing of all developed solutions.
- Lead the design and development of database schemas.
- Lead the development of medium-size software applications with minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- 5-7 yrs. software development experience.
- 5 yrs. MS SQL Server Stake experience PARTICURLARY SSIS
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- 3+ years Strong SQL development and performance tuning skills
- Requires superior teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft or Java productivity applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS.
- Perform in-depth data analysis activities and come up with low-level & high level design strategies.
- Develop SQL scripts for various reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborate with Data architects and other team members in data analysis to build effective solutions
- Perform analysis design, build, implementation and support tasks
- Meet business requirements while performing project design related to reports and BI
- Collaborate with other team members in creating optimal, maintainable, and scalable MicroStrategy reporting solutions
- Contribute to the database design collaborating with Data Analysts and Data Modelers
- Perform analysis & development to create MicroStrategy schema objects, reports & dashboards
- Provide support for all phases of testing such as integration and user acceptance
- Generate appropriate unit test plans and assure quality of work
- Produce technical design documentation
- Follow enterprise standards and guidelines during all phases of development lifecycle
- Proactive in identifying issues and opportunities that will have an impact on the business use of reports
- Serve as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of issues & problems
Working conditions/physical demands
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans