Sr. Unix Engineer Addison TX`
Under general supervision, defines, reviews, analyzes and evaluates fundamental business systems and user needs to define and formulate business requirements for current and future decision management systems in the healthcare industry. Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Sr Unix Engineer will be responsible for supporting various Concentra applications on Unix, Linux and virtualized platforms. This position requires the candidate to be competent in key areas such as production support, relationship building, and client interaction with expert knowledge of planning, design, architecture and implementation following SDLC practices.
This position not only requires the execution of a wide array of duties but includes the responsibility in providing technical leadership within the scope of handling project implementations, infrastructure maintenance/support and maintaining one’s expertise in their assigned roles and responsibilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following skills and experiences:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Unix (Solaris / Linux) Engineer within the current Oracle Solaris Enterprise Server Architectures to include M, S and T series servers in an enterprise environment
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
- Organizational skills in aligning resources and establishing priorities
- Strong experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and implementing various applications in Unix, Linux environments
- A strong understanding of Release and Change Management with the various processes associated.
- Must interact well with peers and management.
- Provide consultation and expert advice on systems and related topics
- Handle all additional tasks as assigned.
- Strong communications skills to across the IT organization, business units, and customers.
- Strong competencies in strategic planning and visioning to identify new and emerging technologies that can be used to drive the successful development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments. Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The Sr Unix Engineer will possess the following critical leadership skills and competencies:
- Strong experience/knowledge of Red Hat, Sun Solaris
- Experience in NAS, SAN, and DAS Technologies
- Strong experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and implementing Unix, Linux, NAS, and SAN
- Excellent understanding of network and TCP/IP concepts (VLAN tagging, etc.) as it associates with Unix/Linux systems
- Performance analysis and tuning, capacity planning
- Application health monitoring
- Architecture and design experience in enterprise application environment
- Project management, deliver projects on time and on budget
- Experience with installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with Oracle RAC systems as it relates to patching and overall system handling.
- Understanding of security technologies and practices that include intrusion detection, system monitoring, and system hardening
- Ability to diagnose server and applications problems and develop effective solutions for resolutions.
- Strong experience in automating tasks using scripting technologies such as Perl, bash, ksh.
- High availability architecture and design experience within an enterprise environment
- Capacity Planning and Project Management a plus.
- Expert knowledge within the Oracle Solaris environment (Solaris 8, 9, 10, and 11) to include ZFS, PDOMs, Zones / Containers, Volume management, and performance tuning
- ITIL and SDLC Certifications a plus
- Experience with backup technologies (Preferred Networker/Avamar/Data Domain) a plus
The Sr Unix Engineer will be an individual contributor on a team of 4, working on individual and team tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required. Certifications in the field are welcomed.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.