NOC Support Specialist II Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Network Operations Center Solutions Specialist is responsible for delivering quality customer service and performing daily task management, monitoring and support of IS Infrastructure and Applications. Additionally, this role supports the day-to-day operations of the data center and monitoring of environmental infrastructure.
The areas of responsibilities include completion of assigned tasks, responding to monitoring alerts, updating monitoring systems, troubleshoot and document technical issues, interface with end users and business customers, install and remove hardware, install network cabling, complete monthly reports, and travel to remote centers to support local infrastructure.
This position must coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks. They also work with vendors on network and application issues and act as liaison between technical teams and vendors to drive resolution of issues. The NOC Solutions Specialist primarily works as part of an infrastructure team and routinely interacts with more senior business contacts. Individuals in this role are expected to possess a broad breadth of technical knowledge across multiple data center, network, and hardware technologies. In addition, the NOC Solutions Specialist will be expected to develop in-depth knowledge of Concentra’s proprietary applications and systems for providing the necessary support
The NOC Solutions Specialist conducts business at the Concentra Data Center 24/7/365 based on business demands. The NOC Solutions Specialist may be required to work increased and weekend hours to ensure the success or delivery of critical changes,
- Monitor application and infrastructure environments and respond to alerts, end-user reports, and escalations from other teams.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding in a timely manner to all issues reported to the NOC by monitoring systems, Help Desk, end users, or tickets that are assigned to the group. This support includes, but is not limited to, application, end-user hardware and software, network connectivity, and data center systems.
- Fulfill service request tickets (installation of equipment, removal of equipment, cable requests) within SLO guidelines.
- Build process and product/platform knowledge to grow in the role.
- Ensure that all issues are logged promptly and accurately with detailed up-to-date information. This includes the creation and logging of incident and problem tickets.
- Perform daily physical walk-throughs of the data center areas.
- Receive and check-in hardware shipments.
- Provide timely communication and escalation of customer impacting problems. Initiate escalation, as appropriate, to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Perform an effective hand off on all open issues, which includes a review of outstanding issues, status, communication requirements. And drive to resolution.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for improving policies and procedures.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data, physical facilities or failure to follow proper procedures.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Support the mission and direction of Concentra, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation.
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times.
- Available to provide on call support, as required.
- Flexibility and willingness to adjust work schedule if needed to cover PTO or illness.
- Position requires some travel (less than 25%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Certifications in: ITIL, Cisco, BICSI, CDCP is preferred
- 3 or more years IS Operations
- 1 or more years of network operations and support
- Data Center operations experience a plus
- Working knowledge network and system monitoring tools
- Requires strong teamworking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner
- Experienced with technical and problem-solving
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability with time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications
- Knowledge of browser-based technology
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS, Unix
- Experience providing operational network support utilizing the following technologies
- Telecom connectivity (SIP, PRI, VoIP)
- Experience implementing data center structured cabling, cable management, and patching for both copper and fiber
- Working knowledge with common MAC work within the data center
- Familiarity of the ITIL foundation with knowledge of disciplines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools:
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow ticketing application
- Demonstrated results managing incidents tickets and driving to resolution
- Understanding of data center environmental infrastructures
- Power Distribution
- Demonstrated ability to document and maintain process workflow and knowledge base documents.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.