Senior Storage Engineer Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Senior Storage Engineer will be responsible for the setup and administration of enterprise level storage. This position requires the candidate to have the experience and knowledge to perform a wide variety of operational and engineering tasks in the areas of SAN and NAS storage including EMC XtremIO, EMC Isilon, EMC VNX/Unity, EMC branded Brocade fiber switches, and IBM V5000/7000 series SAN. Solaris, RedHat Linux, or VMWare experience is a plus but not required. This position requires the execution of a wide array of duties which includes the responsibility in providing technical leadership within the scope of handling project implementations, infrastructure maintenance/support and maintaining one’s expertise in their assigned roles and responsibilities.
- Leads and/or participates in the planning, installation, configuring, monitoring, and deployment of storage systems
- Maintain storage area network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) environments
- Provision SAN storage to the VMware and UNIX environments
- Create CIFS/NFS shares from the NAS environments with proper permissions
- Perform configurations on EMC Brocade switch to add/remove/change any fiber zone information
- Perform continuing analysis of storage infrastructure to assist in proactive tuning efforts
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical and minor issues detected via monitoring or during storage analysis
- Familiar with change control process and procedures
- Develop and maintain storage infrastructure documentation
- Perform storage updates, patching, and prescribed maintenance during approved maintenance windows
- Interact with storage vendor to resolve issues and/or maintain vendor relationships
- Develop capacity assessment practices to forecast future software and system needs
- Conduct storage security risk assessments that include, but not limited to, monitoring, investigation and reporting of security and access violations
- Respond within defined SLA requirements in relation to storage issues
- Able to work on an on-call rotation responding to alerts within the defined SLA.
- Work closely with neighboring departments with the intent on ensuring proper implementations of projects and maintaining a collaboration effort
- Complete projects and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in information technology preferred or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Certifications in EMC storage and/ or Solaris/Red Hat is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience as a SAN Storage Administrator with an emphasis on EMC/Brocade architectures
- 4+ years’ experience as a NAS Storage Administrator with emphasis on EMC Isilon, VNX/Unity architectures
- Experience with Brocade switch administration
- Experience with IBM V5000/7000 SAN
- A strong understanding of the interaction of SAN storage and VMWare architecture
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
- A strong understanding of Release and Change Management with the various processes associated
- Must interact well with peers and management.
- Provide consultation and expert advice on systems and related topics
- Handle all additional tasks as assigned
- Strong communications skills to across the IT organization, business units, and customers.
- Strong competencies in strategic planning and visioning to identify new and emerging technologies that can be used to drive the successful development and implementation of new storage architecture environments. Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Strong EMC XtremIO administration.
- Strong EMC NAS administration. (Isilon, VNX/Unity)
- Solid understanding of Data Domain & Avamar (data management products
- Solid understanding of Data Management Products, designs and best practices
- IBM V5000/7000 SAN administration
- Brocade fiber switch administration.
- VMware storage experience.
- Ability to diagnose storage/applications issues and develop effective solutions for resolutions.
- Capacity Planning and Project Management.
- Experience with installing, configuring, tuning, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux systems a plus.
- Good understanding of network and TCP/IP concepts (VLAN tagging, etc.) as it associates with Unix/Linux systems a plus.
- High availability architecture and design experience within an enterprise environment a plus.
- Knowledge within the Oracle Solaris environment (Solaris 8, 9, 10, and 11) to include ZFS, PDOMs, Zones / Containers, Volume management, and performance tuning a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position will be based in an office environment and will require physical demands consistent with other office professionals.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.