IS Project Manager Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The PMO Project Manager must be able to manage multiple complex IT infrastructure and/or software development projects simultaneously within prescribed time frames, project specifications, funding parameters and in accordance with Concentra and department policies, practices and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads IS related projects
- Reviews project proposal or phases to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Establishes scope document, work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to develop a work plan appropriate to the context and objectives of a project.
- Coordinates with resource owners to assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority. Integrates any/all team sub-plans into a larger master project plan.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews all project deliverables.
- Establishes, schedules, and facilitates regular status meetings with project personnel. Documents agendas and minutes for all status meetings and will assign action items as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Maintains issue list, proactively escalating issues to project and departmental leadership to mitigate risk. Recommends and takes action to direct analysis and solution of problems.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, client, or others.
- Follows departmental start-up, implementation and close down procedures for managing projects.
- Participates in technical assessments and business process workflow review and documentation. Identifies and documents opportunities for increasing efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- IT project management experience
- Expert in use of Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organizational, presentation, and analytical skills. Possess the ability to interact professionally with Senior Leadership. Will possess professionalism and ease in large group presentations with Concentra, customer and vendor executives.
- Ability to interact with technical staff across multiple systems and disciplines
- Ability to successfully mediate difficult situations
- High degree of self-sufficiency, ownership, and pride of deliverables
- Expert in use of Microsoft Office Suite and MS Visio
- Strong experience directing the creation of test plans, business specifications, and workflow diagrams
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in information technology preferred or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- PMP – Preferred
- IT project management experience 7+ years – required
- At least 5 years experience with IS projects
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.