SQL Server BI Developer Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The SQL Server BI Developer role participates on a team to analyze, code, and unit test Dashboard development for the division's reporting platform and also aid in integrating disparate data and contributing to Data Warehouse and Reporting processing. The role interacts with other technical roles including data architects, SQL developers, and business intelligence analysts. They are responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Concentra technology standards.
The Analyst II’s are responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies. Software Development Analyst II’s work under the supervision of the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Write dashboards and reports that are intuitive, clear, clean, and easy to understand.
- Design, abstract, and develop data models and understand how to write Microstrategy artifacts against them.
- Write dashboards that are fluid and responsive.
- Maintain in-code and out-of-code design thoughts and other documentation up to date.
- Work with software development tools such as IDE, version control, documentation and collaboration tools (e.g. Confluence, Jira)
- Create detail design specifications based on architecture and design specifications
- Document satisfaction of requirements in design specifications to help with requirements traceability
- Participate in design specification quality assurance reviews involving a data integration architect and data integration designer
- Create unit test data to ensure that the code performs under all expected conditions
- Develop data integration software using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS and SSAS.
- Exposure to tools like Micro strategy is nice to have.
- Conduct unit tests in a personal schema to ensure that the code meets specification
- Experience with standardization of data and or monitoring/enforcing Data standards
- Document test results and store test data and results in a project documentation repository
- Participate in code reviews with data architects, lead developers and other developers
- Be accountable to the data integration architect for the quality of data warehouse developer deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience working in a data warehouse environment using SSIS Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience in SQL and be able to write complex logic using SQL as part of ETL, and use SQL effectively to perform complex data analysis and discovery
- Must be detail-oriented and have a critical eye for data quality
- 3-5 years of experience as a SSRS developer.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, optimize and performance-tune existing SQL code and
- Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis/discovery and communicate results in business-friendly terms
- Extensive related experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure Information Management.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.