Enterprise Architect Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for driving overall Concentra architecture for custom purchased applications, custom development, and vendor owned applications. In this role, this leader will direct applications strategy and requirements development with key IS and business owners and stakeholders. The architect engages with and manages the relationships with stakeholders to gain a strong understanding of the business needs and how software can enable the required business functionality. This position works across Concentra business units and within IS to ensure that project and production objectives are successfully met.
- Provides architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting-edge solutions that are scalable.
- Evolves and matures the current systems and applications architecture. Introduces technology best practices and design patterns.
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and lines of business.
- Provide technical leadership to team members to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Oversees Concentra Architecture Review Committee.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by designing, developing, upgrading, releasing and maintaining Concentra’s business capabilities using a planned and structured process.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by designing, developing, upgrading,
- Consults with stakeholders to identify their needs and builds and maintains architecture, applications and solutions that will balance competing client needs and priorities, improve business processes, meet targeted project business and performance criteria.
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders to align product to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Direct reports: Application Architect, Senior Application Architect, Solution Architect, System Architect, and Data Architect
- Indirect reports: No
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent is required
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- Master’s degree in Business and/or Computer Science is preferred
- Ongoing knowledge of architecture principles and best practices and new technologies
- Customarily has at least twelve or more years of demonstrated architecting experience in a dynamic environment managing complex and often conflicting product requirements from a diverse group of external and/or internal customers.
- Quickly grasp the essence and root causes of an issue. Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Strong track record of success in the architecture and development of software and delivery of database management and/or workflow solutions in an organization where speed of change is a constant.
- Direct database experience with both Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases development. Well versed with content and knowledge management tools and products like Sitecore and SharePoint.
- Prefer knowledge in Microsoft .Net and Java platforms and tools, as well as contemporary desktop and mobile oriented software (AngularJS, SOA, HTML5, wikis, blogs, tags).
- Demonstrated track record of implementing enhanced product development processes that shorten release cycles and improve “time to market” for new products.
- Experience in software management and integration of complex systems from numerous development sources including matrixed internal organizations.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of system architecture, provides innovative code development approaches, database development and application integration efforts.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer service. Ability to coordinate and work with other departments.
- Ability to multi-task and help remove blockages for the teams. Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working in Agile development methodology team environment.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Inherent knowledge of architecture and development processes and best practices to influence multiple, large scale, and co-dependent systems software development projects consistently on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to work effectively with the business leaders in defining product architecture, requirements and specifications.
- Strong communications skills to across the IS organization, business units, and customers.
- Quickly grasps the essence and root causes of an issue. Good at integrating different ideas and points of view.
- Recognizes when change is required and deals effectively with the uncertainty of change.
- Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Recognized for the quality of their thinking and ideas, sought out by others for their advice and solutions.
- Brings to life, support and enthusiasm for the vision with a clear map and milestones.
- Sets a high-performance climate where colleagues can do what they do best. Finds ways to deploy their strengths and encourages their development.
- Focuses on accountability and delivery without blame, pushes and motivates self and others for results. Faces challenge head on.
- Learns from mistakes and seeks and applies continuous improvement.
- Can be counted on when times are tough to do the right thing. Has the courage to take difficult decisions and act ethically.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal and external stakeholders. Gains trust and respect through open dialogue. Can flex their style to meet the requirements of changing situations and the needs of other people.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.