IT Asset Management Specialist Addison TX Full Time
The IT Asset Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring that technology assets are, tracked, received, recovered, deployed, and retired in a controlled manner. The IT Asset Specialist processes all incoming equipment, validates each shipment, and updates the asset inventory database. The IT Asset Specialist is responsible for testing and evaluating returned equipment and processing end of life equipment. The IT Asset Specialist tracks assets not connected to the network and recovers assets not in use. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Concentra is seeking an IT Asset Management Specialist to join our team full time. The IT Asset Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring that technology assets are, tracked, received, recovered, deployed, and retired in a controlled manner as well as fulfill requests for ordering hardware\software. The IT Specialist processes all incoming equipment, validates each shipment, and updates the asset inventory database. Update ServiceNow ticketing system with status of hardware / software requests. Submit and manage RMAs for return or exchange of equipment. Assist IT asset team to schedule vendor(s) to remove obsolete equipment and initiate disposal process.
- Receive IT equipment delivered to Information Services, including logging received equipment, verify their contants, ensure they match purchase order, storing it securely, conducting periodic inventories and logging distribution.
- Track asset utilization and ensure assets not in use are recovered, inventoried, relocated, or disposed of in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage the movement of equipment between locations including generating shipping labels and researching shipments as needed.
- Initiate equipment repair, shipping them to manufacture and monitor their status for repair and/or replacement.
- Maintains and develops process for check in and check out of loaned equipment.
- Maintain and manage stockrooms, submits order requests for network equipment and PC accessories to maintain stockroom inventory levels uptodate and apply FIFO methods when assigning assets.
- Conduct inventory and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly asset reports.
- Responsible for following, supporting, and enforcing all internal control processes and procedures.
- Work closely with multiple departments to support IT operations.
- Assist with hardware removal/decommissioning in corporate office and all 500+ locations.
- Assist in other job duties as determined by the Manager of IT Assets.
- Comfortable with communicating over the phone, through email and in person.
- Ability to identify and prioritize activities.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills utilizing available resources.
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels, inside and outside of the IT organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, can work independently, and set priorities.
- Demonstrate professional maturity and an ability to clearly and effectively communicate with others both inside and outside the department.
- Must be proficinet in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of asset management principles.
- Experience with ITAM lifecycle
Working conditions/physical demands
- This position will be based in an office environment.
- This position may requires lifting boxes and hardware up to 45 lbs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.