Instructional Designer Addison, TX
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of learning solutions by applying creative approaches and instructional methodologies for content design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The Instructional Designer is part of the Concentra Learning & Development team and partners with the business to provide learning technology solutions that impact quality metrics.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating and developing educational solutions to improve the capability of individuals, teams, and the organization. This position assists with the design and development of instructor-led and e-learning training. It also assists with providing centralized educational support and services to educators across divisions and at the corporate location.
Daily activities involve interaction with a wide variety of individuals within Concentra. The position should influence positive behavior in others by serving as a role model in critical areas of human interaction, teamwork and leadership. The developer is expected to work effectively with all employees, i.e. management and frontline staff, to promote effective learning opportunities that support the achievement of organizational goals and to foster a work environment that demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity.
• Interface with learning leadership, project manager, instructional developer, and SMEs to ensure content meets business needs
• Conduct training needs assessments to assess developmental needs necessary to drive training initiatives and to close identified skill gaps
• Create learning content design via storyboards and outlines for eLearning and job aid development
• Design participant and instructor guides
• Design learning assessments and evaluations
• Design learning aids, including handouts, workbooks, manuals, attachments, and webpages
• Participate in the measurement and evaluation of training program effectiveness
• Design, develop, deliver and implement e-learning courses to achieve outcomes using the most efficient and effective delivery methods for learning
• Provide multimedia and web-based program design
• Optimize use of existing content delivery
• Liaise with internal customers to assess needs, identify needs, and evaluate outcomes
• Create and manages e-learning related documentation
• Conduct training development using eLearning authoring tools, and other multimedia tools as required
• Perform other duties to support the Instructional Design area
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology and Learning Technology, or related field from an accredited college/university
• In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of directly related work experience and vice versa
• Certificates in instructional design
• Customarily has at least three or more years in corporate or higher education instructional design and training experience
• Healthcare experience is a plus
• Prior experience with learning management systems and various learning delivery modalities, such as self-paced learning, mobile learning, instructor-led learning, asynchronous and synchronous e-learning, and blended learning.
• Prior experience in E-learning design and course building
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
• Proficiency in Instructional Design for Adult Learning
• Proficiency in designing for Articulate, Captivate, and similar software
• Experience with additional learning approaches such as gamification, micro-learning, and spaced repetition
• Experience with Blooms Taxonomy
• Experience with Kirkpatrick and Phillips’ Levels of Evaluation
• Working knowledge of Articulate and Captivate
• Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
• High energy and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
• Articulate, professional in appearance, confident with doctors, administrators and clients.
• Strong service mentality
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to use independent judgment
• Ability to interact and communicate with people in stressful situations
• Perform on tight timelines with little supervision
• Proven track record of excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form collaborative relationships with staff, management and leadership at all levels of the organization
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled