Manager, Compensation Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experiences by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
In support of the Concentra Compensation program and under the direction of the Director of Compensation/HR Services, the Manager, Compensation will participate in job design and leveling and examine compensation information to determine competitive position and internal structure. The Manager monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and recommends program revisions and/or enhancements which are consistent with compensation trends and business needs and objectives. This position is also responsible for providing strategic compensation guidance to HR and Business leaders that helps influence compensation practices and initiatives within the Organization.
- Provides thought leadership across the company on major compensation-related initiatives linking pay programs to overall compensation practices and business needs and company objectives.
- Leads various project teams such as compensation planning systems, merger/acquisition integration, and/or performance management programs including leading the merit planning activity.
- Provides supervision and oversight to assigned members of the compensation team to ensure development of staff and the delivery of high quality solutions for the Organization.
- Performs regular training sessions with team on compensation practices to build knowledge base and develop a highly effective and versatile team.
- Completes market analysis, job evaluation, and internal leveling of new and updated positions in an effort to ensure both external competitiveness and internal equity. Based on position-specific information, determines if an existing description can be used for classification. As necessary, modifies and creates new descriptions which accurately reflect current roles, responsibilities and requirements.
- Provides consultative guidance, interpretation, training and recommendations to managers, supervisors, and team members related to all compensation programs, policies, actions and issues.
- Verifies compensation competitiveness by researching, benchmarking and analyzing market data.
- Responsible for ensuring timely participation in external salary surveys. Responsible for determining matches and submitting organization profiles. Responsible for ensuring timely upload of survey results into compensation tool.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation related issues.
- Administration of annual Salary Planning program and assist finance in the bonus cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of FLSA determinations. Responsible for determining exemption status for jobs through review of job profile or desk audits.
- Ensures appropriate EEO mapping for all positions.
- Create reports and analysis for compensation related projects.
- Researches and resolves questions, discrepancies, and other ad hoc requests from leadership.
- Drives automation and process improvements for Compensation programs.
- Work directly with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance to plan and model the incentive compensation program.
- Create new incentive plans in support of evolving business needs.
- Provide guidance on all incentive compensation matters.
- Ensure policies are in place and incentive compensation process and related controls are clearly documented and executed.
- Maintains overall incentive compensation library and ensures all plans are completed timely and launched in LMS system.
- Provide customer service by answering questions of employees and human resources staff and providing information as requested.
- Process data for salary adjustments, transfers and costing changes.
- Ensure timely submission to Payroll for special payments, bonuses and auto allocations.
- Oversight of the compensation node for employee action platform (EPAF), ensures timely and accurate processing of the change requests (EPAFs).
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- Customarily has at least 8 years of experience as a Compensation Analyst
- Prefer previous experience as a Manager or Lead Compensation Analyst
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all other company colleagues in both written and verbal form.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills which should include professionalism, impartiality, and flexibility in thinking.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to move between diverse tasks and help improve the efficiency of those who report to this role.
- Strategic thinking skills; critical thinking is a must to identify customer needs, customer solutions, and improvements to internal processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive performance expectations.
- Strong systems skills and comfortability with working with technology.
- Solid work ethic and integrity with a desire to work with a high level of energy and encourage others to do the same.
- Demonstrated customer-focused approach, which includes courteous and respectful interactions with colleagues.
- Self-starter and independent, with a keen awareness of needs and objectives of the Compensation team and those they support.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.