This position will support all aspects of the Proposal Development department in creating and producing formal requests for proposal, quotes, and information for internal business opportunities. Reports to the Proposal Development Manager. Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs intake of proposals (preparing folder, checklists, SME review preparation, scanning changes for file. transferring legible changes where soft copy is not available);
- Analyze the RFP bid requirements against the proposal outline to insure both compliance and responsiveness;
- Analyze the bid requirements and create responses that communicate thoroughly, yet succinctly, the Company’s services, processes, and methodologies in relation to the services desired by the client;
- As needed and appropriate, builds RFP compliance matrixes, and tracks fulfillment of all requirements;
- Reviews completed proposal sections to ensure all RFP requirements are adequately addressed;
- Interacts with various internal departments including, but not limited to legal, risk management, sales, operations, medical, and executive staff;
- Maintain the RFP schedule and conduct proposal progress status meetings;
- Develops review plans and ensures all comments are included in the final proposal;
- Reviews and edits all RFP and content graphics/text inputs, and suggests/makes iterative draft changes as needed;
- Performs the production, reproduction, and binding/packaging of all proposal hard and soft copies;
- Identifies forms and signature pages to be completed (keeping track of dates, signatures)
- Other reasonable and normal duties associated with proposal development, writing, and proposal management as directed by supervisor.
- Deadline-driven office environment - use of facsimile, copier, color-copier, scanner, email (Outlook).
- Knowledge of proposal development lifecycle desired; formal proposal training (ex. Shipley) is desired
- General knowledge and familiarity with established standards concepts, practices related to completion of business requests for proposals;
- Superior editing and written communication skills;
- Good organization in order to work independently, set priorities, and be thorough in critical follow-up;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced multitask environment;
- Proven PC skills in numerous software packages are required, i.e., Qvidian, MS Word, Excel, Power Point - database management a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy dealing with internal colleagues, regulatory agencies, vendors and all level of executives and managers;
- Proofreading skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- An undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing and/or Liberal Arts
- 3-5 years’ experience in a proposal development, content writing environment
- 1 – 2 years’ experience with Qvidian proposal response software
- Experience in working with brokers and payer groups is preferred
- Expert project management skills and understanding of process management
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.