From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Application Systems Engineer maintains code, releases and the health of environments across all Allscripts (TouchWork and Practice Management system) non-production environments, and will coordinate work for Production with the Allscripts Hosting team. They will work to implement best practices and proactive monitoring and alerting, in conjunction with the Hosting team at Allscripts. They will work with the Business Analysts for support related issues and work with the team to identify problems and work until an issue is resolved. They are responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by Concentra technology standards. The Engineer is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies.
Viewed as a functional expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines, this position works independently and interacts with senior business contacts on a regular basis. They are considered the subject matter expert on corporate or clinical application systems. The System Engineer provides advice to management on the future direction of assigned systems and functionality.
- Manage the health, code and patches across all non-production environments to Allscripts products.
- Create copies or reproductions of non-production environments as needed
- Write and implement monitoring scripts/alerts to automate manual processes or create problem awareness.
- Assist during outages to troubleshoot and identify root cause.
- Understand the integration between all systems and provide architectural guidance for changes and new system integrations
- Develop, manage and collaborate on standard practices and processes within the IS framework.
- Leverage technology to help reduce manual tasks and continually improve on the company’s requirements process.
- Collaborates with Business, Vendors and other IS members to resolve issues and escalates unresolved issues as needed
- Ensure that all issues are logged, accurate and up to date with detailed information, record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion.
- As needed, meet with other IS departments to maintain proper communication channels related to support.
- Coordinate implementation of changes (and perform when necessary).
- Build reports on trending and performance metrics as requested.
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Create, maintain and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur.
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures.
- Complete any activities, tasks, and projects assigned in a timely manner.
- The Engineers are responsible for any Help Desk tickets relating to technical issues, environment or development related.
- Develop reports, upon request, utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications.
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments.
- Work with end users and other Information Services staff to develop criteria for specific phases of assigned projects, and ensure proper testing of all developed solutions.
- Support application systems with focus on vendor management – accountability, timely delivery of service, quality of work
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with a professional working environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 8+ years experience on large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- Skilled at Installation of upgrades, CU’s and Service Packages, preferably with Allscripts products.
- Oversee’s the Allscripts hosting environment, ensuring patching is maintained in a timely manner.
- Experienced at SQL and has the ability to write queries.
- Writing and implementation of monitoring scripts/alerts to automate manual processes or create problem awareness.
- Liason between the Applications team and other technical support teams within IS or the Allscripts hosting teams.
- Willingness to work after hours to deploy systems and code releases.
- Ability to write scripts to improve performance, resolve issues and automate processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- PC Hardware and peripheral experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.