From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics, worksites, and mobile locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Concentra is currently seeking a Clinical Applications Manager for Information Services. This candidate will be responsible for the management of the financial applications for the centers (Allscripts Practice Management, GE, associated claims systems, etc) and resource teams for Concentra. This person will have responsibility to deliver overall planning, management and completion of IS projects associated with these systems. Plans, organizes, and manages internal and external resources in the development and delivery of projects and operational support.
The IS Clinical Applications Manager reports into the org structure of the VP of Applications, and will work side-by-side with the managers and business leaders to design and implement specific projects.
At Concentra, we’re helping our colleagues find the balance between what they do and who they are. This means helping you choose what you want from your career path—whether that means treating patients at our urgent care, primary care, and worksite facilities, working in the field as a promotions or sales manager, or supporting our business in corporate administration and IT. It means becoming part of a company-wide wellness initiative that has earned us recognition as one of the healthiest employers in North Texas (The Dallas Business Journal, 2012), and being able to benefit from personal wellness programs and healthy incentives that reward you for being the best you can be. Finally, it means becoming part of a company that values our colleagues like family—and you can tell, because their pictures line our walls
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and maintaining a Project Delivery framework and process for managing and delivering projects
- Must be able to manage multiple complex IS software development projects and/or process related operational and business goals
- This position will work with Clinical, Business, and IS Leaders to execute on short and long term strategic goals
- Enhance and standardize clinical workflow processes in order to achieve consistency in maintaining the critical success factors outlined in our standard operating procedures
- Liaise with clinical, business and IS staff to resolves issues and outstanding problems in the area of application efficiency, user adoption, and system uptime; escalates issues in a timely fashion to leadership and vendor support teams
- Engage with senior stakeholders and sponsors to scope a workable and value-adding project
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to develop project scope or work documents and project plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule, resource allocation (including vendors) and any related risks
- Plan the project workstreams and activities, and track and manage delivery
- Assigns, schedules, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is with expected guidelines and is complete on time and within budget
- Actively manages vendors responsible for system uptime, project deliverables, and drives support and ticket completion in a timely manner
- Ensure regular project/application team meetings and communications take place to facilitate transparency and successful project delivery
- In addition to developing technical and leadership skills within the team, the person will be a key contributor to the overall effectiveness of the IS Organization. (S)he will be responsible for mentoring team members to an increased sense of team ownership, drive sense of urgency, and to establish and maintain a partnership with business and clinical stakeholders.
- Must be comfortable with building foundational people, processes and technology capabilities, while leading through strategic transformation and innovation efforts.
- Develops and maintains processes to manage and guide all phases and deliverables associated with Practice Management system design and implementation programs
- Plans and holds regular status team meetings with project teams, and report project statuses based on data and facts
- Practices breakthrough thinking, navigates complex challenges, engages associates, builds talent, delivers consistent results, and creates collaborative relationships throughout the organizations teams
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science
- PMP Certification added plus
RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in design/configuration and implementing healthcare software solutions
- 1+ years of experience in managing large scale implementation projects, preferably in a healthcare setting
- EHR and/or Practice Management implementation, design, and development experience will be huge plus
- 1+ years of Vendor management experience
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.