Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 44,000 employees operates or supports more than 100 hospitals specializing in long-term acute care, 20 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 1,500 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy. In addition, Select Medical offers urgent care at close to 500 locations through our Concentra brand. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com.
The Sr. MicroStrategy Developer is responsible for the delivery of end to end business intelligence solutions that support and enhance the financial, clinical, and quality outcomes of the organization. The role requires a passion for data and technology, thorough understanding of ETL in a data warehouse environment, excellent communication skills, understanding of business processes, knowledge of best practices, and the ability to provide quality actionable business intelligence using industry standard tools in a rapidly growing organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including executive management, to gather the technical requirements for business intelligence solutions
- Acquire a deep understanding of source systems, knowledge of business processes, and thorough business unit knowledge through the interaction with subject matter experts, developers, architects, business leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Design, develop and maintain data models for reporting and analyzing data related to business, regulatory, contractual and ad hoc requirements
- Become a subject matter expert on the organizations data, processes, and reporting solutions
- Develop ETL code, including but not limited to Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) packages, SSIS Packages, PLSQL packages, and scripts that take advantage of incremental loading methodologies like change data capture (CDC)
- Perform unit, integration, performance, and regression testing
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with peers, SMEs and other stakeholders to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to enhance the operational delivery of BI solutions, and technical direction
Candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence, data management technologies, and industry best practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following work experiences:
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- MicroStrategy experience is a must!
- 2 years’ experience architecting business intelligence reporting solutions
- 4+ years of experience analyzing, structuring and reporting data across an enterprise
- 4+ years of experience utilizing data integration tools like ODI, SSIS, or Informatica
- 4+ years of experience working on an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server
- 2+ years of experience working in a data warehouse environment
- Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin, Oracle Data Modeler or PowerDesigner
- Big Data experience is a plus (structured or unstructured)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence platform like MicroStrategy, Tableau or Business Objects
- Proficient in SQL and PLSQL
- Proficient in data warehousing concepts including dimensional modeling
- Proficient in ETL design concepts including Change Data Capture (CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimensions( SCD)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise ETL platform like Oracle Data Integrator, SSIS, or Informatica
- Must have a strong passion for data analytics
- Strong analytical skills required; must be able to think critically through problems/requests
- Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others
- Must be detail oriented with a strong attention to detail and sensitivity to timelines
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills since interaction with business will be common
- Must be self-motivated, results-driven, and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.