From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
In support of Concentra, the Employee Safety Specialist responsibilities will include responding to colleague safety and workers’ comp requests from the field, gathering data for reports, scheduling and attending site visits to Concentra and US HealthWorks locations, managing workers’ comp claims and fleet management. Serve as a technical point-of-contact for assigned Concentra and US HealthWorks colleagues while functioning as a safety and worker’s comp subject matter expert who ensures data integrity as well as reviews and analyzes reports.
- Manages integrity and accuracy of database, investigates any discrepancies
- Oversees colleague safety and performs root cause analysis in the field
- Organize safety and worker’s comp data for audit ready purposes
- Assists in identifying and resolving technical or process issues
- Collaborates with HR end-users to define, establish, and maintain current colleague safety data and reports
- Member of the Emergency Response Team
- Handles day-to-day colleague safety and worker’s comp operational requests
- Revise policies and procedures
- Produce results on committee objectives and communications
- Partners with leadership on the implementation and rollout of training modules to meet compliance timelines
- Verifies policy allocations and report accuracy for workers’ comp claims
- Assists with audits from outside agencies and DOL surveys
- Focus on updates for the Safety Portal as needed
- Evaluate security needs, assess concerns, and schedule accordingly.
- Creates and runs key Colleague Safety and Worker’s comp related business reports.
- Gauge process redesign to utilize technology efficiently
- Documents colleague safety and workers’ comp processes
- Maintains system tables and data ensuring data integrity
- Develops and maintains ad-hoc databases as needed
- Monitors audit processes to ensure data integrity, system accuracy and compliance with Concentra and US HealthWorks policies.
- Serves as liaison between the companies and insurance providers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent of 2 years for each year of college working as a coordinator
- 3 years functional experience in Employee Safety and Workers’ comp
- Experience with the worker’s comp claims processes and Cal OSHA requirements
- Clinical background preferred (EMT, RN, MA)
- Advanced proficiency with MS office, specifically Excel
- Customer service focused
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral communication
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.