From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Assist Manager with oversight of centralized coding and compliance for Urgent Care at all Concentra locations. Coordinate closely with the Urgent Care CBO teams, contracting teams, credentialing team and charge entry team. This position provides support to Urgent Care Coding and Compliance Specialist team in addition to performing like job functions.
- As requested by Manager, provide support of urgent care coding and compliance team including but not limited to:
- providing technical expertise related to coding and compliance functions
- problem solving with centers related to compliance with urgent care policies and procedures
- monitoring productivity and work load, ensuring time lines are met
- work with coding and compliance team and Manager to continuously improve processes
- training and auditing of team members for performance management
- Assist Manager in verifying that visit information either faxed, scanned or in electronic health record is complete in accordance with established visit documentation guidelines.
- Coordinate with Concentra centers to obtain complete visit information as needed.
- Verify key pieces of patient registration information utilizing scanned or faxed visit information.
- Enter diagnosis codes for all urgent care visits based on either the diagnosis code(s) indicated on the visit documentation or a clear description of the diagnosis if documented.
- Enter or edit charges for all service line visits, reviewing the visit documentation, the charge ticket or electronic health record to ensure all charges are captured.
- Enter all required modifiers based on CPT and CMS coding guidelines and Concentra standards as a function of charge entry/editing.
- Provide routine feedback to Concentra centers regarding the quality of the visit documentation submitted using established processes and forms.
- Provide direct coding and compliance support for special projects/product lines including but not limited to:
- Special Projects
- System transition
- Preventive Exams
- Other duties, as may be assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associates degree a plus
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other credential(s) from AAPC or AHIMA
- Organizations - credential(s), membership(s) & CEUs must be up to date
- Five years of progressive healthcare billing/coding experience, preferably in an urgent care or group health outpatient physician’s office setting.
- Three years demonstrated experience leading others.
- Medical terminology and familiarity major group health payers.
- Prefer experience with GE Centricity or IDX systems.
- Customer service focus.
- Basic computer skills – Practice Management software Excel, Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- Production, accurate task completion focus.
- Strong process management and organizational skills
Working conditions/physical demands
- Office environment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.