From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksites, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
In this newly created position, the Director, Telemedicine Operations is responsible for the management of Concentra’s Telemedicine product. The position is a key leadership role that will be responsible for leading efforts in identifying, developing, evaluating, prioritizing, and executing Concentra’s Telemedicine strategies. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, cross-functional team that drives Concentra’s strategic plan, supports clinical, operations, reimbursement and legal.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for operations within the Telemedicine department, including managing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Maintains financial accountability for assigned departments; functions within established budget
- Monitors and manages appropriate key business and clinical metrics: GRV, EBITDA, efficiencies, PI, cost per encounter, coding and documentation and other metrics as determined by senior leadership.
- Manages COD/and TM staff. Ensures staffing optimization and holds staff accountable to impact workflow and patient experience for all disciplines and sites.
- Ensures clinician ability to focus on patient care and outcomes. Accountable for supporting and driving the following (with clinician leader approval): clinician recruiting, clinician W2W (90 day schedule), all credentialing, FTE spreadsheet, salary analysis, and contract labor.
- Monitors marketplace trends and gathers competitive intelligence
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the workers compensation and healthcare environment; specifically telemedicine and keeps current on industry developments
- Stays current and monitors guidelines related to regulatory, reimbursement, social, economic and political forces which influence telemedicine
- Continue to build quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the Concentra “ecosystem.”
- Assists in engaging state regulatory organizations to influence state TM laws
- Monitors key metrics to achieve patient consistency, while working with medical analytics and business intelligence to build and manage ongoing reporting: % MS Referred, Visits per Case, % Therapy SDE, % Seen, PI’s, LOS, NPER, TAT, and NPS.
- Can create and manage program plans for all aspects of the TM product
- Effectively uses financial information for strategic and operational decision making and participates in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Works with product and marketing to create internal, external communications and training for all disciplines
- Lead the Telemedicine team to drive decisions from market research and analysis to focus telemedicine technologies and emerging use cases
- Monitor and communicate insights into expectations, unmet needs, preferences, motivations, and trends of patients, policy makers and providers and translate into opportunities for research related to Telemedicine.
- Develop, maintain, and/or improve process and procedures to assess new technologies that may complement existing or potential research collaborations
- Evaluate and manage partnerships and collaborations with vendors
- Work closely with Concentra’s leadership to align Telemedicine policy and execute strategy efforts
- Serve as the internal consultant and champion of Telemedicine initiatives and become an essential part of research teams to incorporate Telemedicine initiatives
- Resolves/addresses (if resolution not available) all customer and center issues within 48-72 hours.
- Mentors and coaches operations leaders regarding business metrics, patient/client satisfaction, center management, etc.
- Develops and executes action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
Job Related Experience
- 5 - 7 years healthcare experience, preferably in Occupational medicine
- 5-7 years’ experience with WC reimbursement, regulations, etc. for Occupational medicine
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in implementation and evaluation of Telemedicine projects in multiple settings prefered
Job Related Skills/Experience
- Strong knowledge of the Telemedicine payment and technology landscape.
- Strong knowledge of the general healthcare ecosystem market dynamics and trends, including delivery model innovation, policy considerations and technology enablers
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly, simply, and appropriately
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team with the ability to adapt quickly to new areas of focus and/or research
- Must be able to solve problems and make decisions to formulate plans of actions
- Strong ability to interact and collaborate with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.