Urgent Care Coding Specialist Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Responsible for providing medical coding and charge entry support for identified clinical services at all Concentra locations. Assists charge entry colleagues with medical coding support and coordinate with the Central Business Offices (CBOs) as needed.
- Manage and resolve to conclusion coding edits in the Allscripts Practice Management (APM) System, Allscripts/Occusource (AS/OS) and MDScripts (MDS) error files daily.
- Provides routine feedback to Concentra centers and providers regarding the quality of the visit documentation and appropriateness of coding choices submitted, using established processes and forms.
- Provides coding support for charge entry team for Medicare/Medicaid, and level of service documentation review, multiple procedure coding, other specialty coding review as may be identified.
- Provides coding support and communicate issues to the CBO(s) as needed/requested.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Associate degree from an accredited college preferred
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other coding credential through either AAPC or AHIMA is required
• Must maintain a coding credential from AAPC or AHIMA organizations
• Must complete CEUs to maintain this credential bi-annually or as required by the organization
• Must maintain membership to the AAPC or AHIMA organization
• Customarily has at least two or more years of experience in medical billing and coding in an outpatient setting, preferably urgent care, family practice, general medicine; including Medicare
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Basic computer skills to include Word, Excel, Power Point, some Access, Outlook (or similar email program) and ability to learn and utilize all proprietary Concentra software programs
• Experience with clinical systems (EPM/EMR), specific experience with Allscripts EMR and GE EPM a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills including clear, concise and appropriate written and verbal communication.
• Production, accurate task completion focus
• High energy, accustomed to fast paced environment
• Professional in appearance and demeanor
• Confident in coding expertise when interacting with peers, CBO and providers/centers Ability to manage open projects to the end with successful follow up
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plan
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.