Onsite Charge Entry Specialist Addison TX Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Performs centralized charge entry and billing function for Onsite centers and Physician Consulting. Coordinate closely with Onsite Center Operations, Accounting, Procurement, Vendors, and CBO(s). Receive, review and validate data for charge entry and billing from multiple source files.
- Communicate/Coordinate with Onsite Center Operations, Accounting, Procurement, Vendors, and CBO(s).
- Pulls and prepares weekly Expense Distribution report from Oracle and gathers invoices for expenses.
- Runs weekly Kronos report from Micro-strategies to obtain time for all Onsite accounts. Gathers, receives, and validates time from Center Operations for any positions not obtained through Kronos.
- Ensure that all billing instructions are updated and charge entry data is validated before charge entry is completed. Including but not limited to Kronos, EDR, Concur, C4, BCS.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Some college courses in Business Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university (typically a year of general college courses)
• Customarily has at least one year of demonstrated experience with healthcare billing and revenue cycle
• Medical terminology and familiarity of major group health payers
• Experience with APM and Allscripts systems
• Intermediate Excel experience (the ability to perform V lookups and Pivot tables)
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Customer Service Focus
• Intermediate computer skills – Practice Managements software, Microsoft applications Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written) skills and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees
• Production, accurate task completion focus
• Demonstrated process management and organizational skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting for prolonged periods of time and may occasionally stand and walk. Manual dexterity and wrist flexion/extension to operate various office equipment such as calculator to run tapes with charge entry into BCS and future state systems, PC, keyboard, copier, etc. Occasional lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Adequate color vision to levels that allow performance of tasks inherent to clinical office work. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time. Ability to speak effectively before customers, patients, co-workers and others every day in the performance of the job. Hearing within the acceptable range for telephone and in-person contacts.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a consistent routine basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care.
The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled