Coding and Compliance Specialist
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by
delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The Coding and Compliance Specialist audits and reviews to support the following activities: charge entry, level of service, procedure and diagnosis coding for Clinician/colleague education. In addition, the role will provide education and training to employed and contracted Clinicians on appropriate documentation, charge capture and Level of Service code selection. The audit findings are scheduled and presented to the clinician, by the auditor, via telephone or video platforms.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Requires at least one credential through AHIMA or AAPC (CPC, COC, CCS, CCS-P, CEMC,
CPMA, etc.). The credential(s) must be up-to-date and verifiable through these organizations.
• Customarily has at least three or more years of experience working as a certified Coder
• Perform compliance audits for designated clinicians/centers consistent with established audit
protocols and Nationally recognized guidelines. Meet the production and QA standards as set out
in Concentra Coding and Compliance policies.
• Organize and schedule training that is indicated from audit results, denial and down coding
trends, and/or as requested by medical leadership, center leadership or Central Billing Office
• Assist CBO with reconsideration, appeals process and coding support as requested
• Provide clinician support, education and training related to the quality of documentation, level of
service, procedure and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and
• Accurately assign Evaluation and Management level of service codes in accordance with the current, state adopted, E/M guidelines. Determine the documented level of service from the medical record.
• Assist Medical Leadership in development of clinician training plans and for active support in the
training process under guidance of coding leadership
• Monitor Coding and State Workers’ Compensation changes to ensure that most current
information is available
• Special projects which may include activities such as performing coding and documentation
audits through the transcription portal or other necessary initiatives
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Familiarity with state specific workers' compensation regulations
• Moderate computer skills with programs such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access and similar
• Working knowledge of routine and non-routine concepts, practices and procedures within billing,
coding and auditing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Travel: Moderate (may include overnight) travel up to 30 % by land or air is required of employee in this
position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking
surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (Will resume after travel restrictions lifted)
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
• Life Insurance/Disability
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
• Remote option after training
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.