Data Analyst Addison TX Full Time
Valor Healthcare is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing data and highlighting trends and opportunities for improvement. The analyst will present summarized data and conclusions to the Valor CEO and leadership team. Additional responsibilities will be collecting metrics and data elements from both Veteran Administration (VA) databases and internal sources to integrate into Valor’s internal dashboards and reports.
Valor Healthcare was established in 2004 and is the largest, most experienced contract provider of CBOCs in the country, currently operating over 30 clinics across the United States that treat over 110,000 Veterans a year. Our clinics provide a full range of medical services that are tailored to meet the specific healthcare needs of our VA Medical Center partners and the Veterans they serve. Our leadership team is comprised of Veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world class patient experience for our Nation’s Heroes.
- Import data from internal and VA systems to prepare monthly dashboard and other standard reports.
- Review monthly dashboard and other standard reports for trends and opportunities and highlight those for Valor leadership.
- Prepare presentation material related to dashboards and standard reports for VA and leadership meetings, as well as for proposal documents (RFPs).
- Prepare monthly billing reports/invoices for select clinics, and upload to VA systems for payment.
- Prepare bi-weekly health and welfare analysis for payroll and in compliance with the Service Contract Act.
- Analyze trends and variances, including the interrelationship with clinic staffing.
- Analyze VA initiatives and their potential impact on Valor operations.
- Additional analysis and ad-hoc reporting as requested by and for the CEO and other Valor executives.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Customarily at least one or more years of demonstrated analytical experience preferably in a healthcare environment
Job Related Skills/Competencies
- Advanced to expert level of Microsoft Excel experience required, plus intermediate knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with other Microsoft Office Suites
- Advanced database experience with the ability to manipulate data in Excel, Access and/or like programs.
- Ability to self-manage projects and priorities
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems, identify key trends, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to adapt to change, remain flexible, meet expected deadlines, and act as a team player
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.