Director of Accounting
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for managing the accounting activities for Concentra’s Centers, Onsite Clinics and Other Businesses through a solid understanding of business processes, systems and an in-depth knowledge of current generally accepted accounting principles and guidance.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller
- Facilitate the financial close processes and reporting for multiple medical locations, internal service and administrative departments and ancillary businesses
- Supervise, develop, train and retain professional accounting staff in a hybrid working environment.
- Provide financial liaison support to operational colleagues ensuring appropriate accounting of activity and meaningful analysis in support of operational strategies
- Maintain and establish internal control and their compliance
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Work closely with internal and external auditors
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA in good standing
- Prior multi-location and multi-legal entity, joint venture experience and operational accounting integration of acquisition targets preferred
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite and Hyperion tools (HFM, Smartview, Essbase)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Minimum 8 years of professional accounting experience; some public accounting / audit experience preferred
- Minimum 6 years of management experience
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Office environment – Hybrid environment
Occasional travel and variable overtime commitment required
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans