Financial Analyst Addison TX
The Financial Analyst supports three main functions provided by the Incentives & Support Departments staff: 1) accounting for and analyzing/reporting on departmental expenses for company support departments; 2) administering financial results of company sales and bonus incentive plans; and 3) budgeting, forecasting, and miscellaneous modeling for the company support departments. These activities also include other financial analyses and modeling as needed in related areas. This individual ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and post journal entries related to the financial operations of the company’s support departments, actively participating in the monthly close process (40%).
- Work with incentive and bonus compensation models, financially administering approved compensation plans (20%).
- Participate in the annual budgeting, forecasting, and monthly strategic analysis processes for the company’s support departments (25%).
- Perform other related projects and analyses as needed (15%).
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong modeling, presentation and analytical skills
- High integrity, ethics and work standard
- Eagerness to ask questions, building an understanding of Concentra’s functional operations
- Initiative to learn, with an effort to consistently identify areas of potential improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; prior experience speaking in front of management teams a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive data and maintain confidentiality
- Results oriented, independent self-starter who is effective in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining data integrity and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and deal with multiple priorities
- Develop excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels, consistently conveying a positive, professional customer service attitude
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion (Smartview)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – minimum of intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA a plus but not required
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Involves frequent telephone and in-person contact with clients, staff, vendors, consultants, and Management. Requires the ability to work in a demanding environment, to work a flexible schedule and to effectively resolve conflicts as they arise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Corrected or normal vision is required in the performance of tasks inherent to office work. Requires moderate typing skills and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans