Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Full Time Float
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a Float Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a Float Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
Our 2 Memphis locations provide a full spectrum of workplace healthcare services, to ensure America’s workforce stays healthy and safe throughout their careers.
Core services include:
- Occupational Medicine/Employee Health focused practice.
- Pre-Employment Physical Exams
- Employment Maintenance Physicals
- Employment Surveillance Testing
- Treat minor acute injuries sustained in the workplace
Our centers are complemented with OnSite Physical Therapy to assist with helping our patients restore function and mobility, as well as an Orthopedic specialist team for additional support.
We offer Urgent Care services to the community, seeing patients ages 2 and up for minor injuries, sports physicals, etc. Urgent Care unrelated to the workplace is a small percentage of daily patient visits; avg < 5% of total visits.
COVID: Your safety and the safety of our patients is our top priority. To mitigate exposure to COVID in our clinics as much as possible, we are currently not accepting walk-in sick visits presenting with COVID symptoms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Two Memphis locations
- Multi-clinician centers - work alongside a team of physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Robust front & back office support team
- Collaborate with on-site Physical Therapy Department
- Digital X-ray OnSite
- Utilize Allscripts Touchworks EMR system
- Monday - Friday
- No nights or weekends
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Evaluates and treats Center patients in accordance with Concentra's medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift. We use Allscripts Touchworks EMR.
- Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Association and Concentra.
- Meets with Concentra's Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues.
Two + years of experience in occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of an accredited PA program or an accredited university
- Board Certification
- FMCSA NRCME required prior to start date, if not already certified
- DEA required prior to start date
This is a W2, employed opportunity. Full Time colleagues enjoy a competitive base salary, bonus plan
and robust benefits package, including:
- Paid Time Off Plan, including: 18 days of regular Vacation PTO per year, 5 days of CME PTO per year, 6 paid holidays per year and 6 paid extended illness days per year. PTO increases with tenure.
• Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
• Base Salary + Monthly wRVU bonus + Quarterly Quality Bonus
• Medical Malpractice Coverage
• CME Allowance/Time
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
• Life Insurance/Disability
• Colleague Referral Bonus Program
• Reimbursement for licensure, certification, professional membership and journals
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.