Customer Correspondence Representative
The ideal candidate will perform under general supervision a variety of routine and non-routine clerical duties to support the Central Business Office. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sorts correspondence for distribution and acts on correspondences and explanation of review statements that do not require collection activity.
- Answers incoming customer service calls, answers questions and routes calls to the appropriate department.
- Reviews Explanation of Review Statements (EORs) to post in system and identifies trends that impact reimbursement.
- Responds to requests for all internal forms, requests updates to service packages and accounts.
- Assists Account Receivable Representatives by performing various clerical tasks, as needed.
- Supports Account Receivable Representatives and other departments as allowed by Sarbanes Oxley guidelines.
- Assists internal and external customers when answering the customer service lines.
Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Medical background with 1-2 years experience or internship in medical office
- Experience with a multi location practice
- CPT/ICD-9/HCPC knowledge
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pad by touch
- Ability to work under tight time schedules
- Strong customer service, telephone and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to assist peers
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to multitask and resolve problems and issues
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of under 15 lbs.
401(k) with Employer Match
Paid Time Off
Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veteran