Podiatrist Washington County, PA Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Podiatrist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only
- Examines patient for symptoms of disease, injury or disorder and determines nature and extent; performs examinations of the feet and related structures referring to diagnostic images and utilizes medical instruments and equipment as appropriate; documents all medical information into the patient’s medical record utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data and information.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures such as x-ray, laboratory tests, suturing, and wound care, etc. and interprets results for deviations from normal and prescribes and provides follow up care.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity program as indicated by diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist and the CBOC Primary Care Provider when indicated.
- Counsels patients on the use of prescription medications, educates, patients relating to care plan, and provides routine health maintenance as appropriate.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care
- Inspects and makes recommendations regarding infections control and elimination of health and safety hazards
- Responsible for participation in Safety, Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement and Environment of Care activities and staff meetings.
- Completes all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Doctor of Podiatry Medicine (DPM)
- 1 year of clinical medical practice
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be Renewed Annually)
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Excellent computer skills, including EMR
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!