Medical Social Worker MSW/LSW Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As an LMSW with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. You will partner with the Nursing and Provider leadership team to provide collaboratively planned clinical social services using such methodologies as casework, group work, community organizations, and social work research.
Independently performs case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Independently implements treatment modalities.
Independently conducts psychosocial assessments. Develops treatment plans in collaboration with the veteran/family and with the interdisciplinary treatment team. Offers psychosocial interventions and measures outcomes to interventions. Coordinates community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
Independently identify high-risk patients and provides case management services. Provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint, coordinates family conferences and serves as liaison to family members. Has working knowledge and experience in use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their families. Independently works with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems utilizing individual, group and family counseling skills.
Independently provides consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on healthcare and adherence to treatment plan. Ability to evaluate own practice through professional peer review, case conferences and other organizational means.
General knowledge of veteran's benefits and services relating to special programs, service connected compensation, non-service connected pension.
Provides a range of psychotherapeutic interventions that will include skills and knowledge in Evidence-based Therapies such as cognitive Behavioral Treatment.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Knowledge and practice of mental health therapy techniques and interventions and provision of individual, group and family therapy as needed, in conjunction with other VA behavioral health providers.
- Knowledge of the principles of management required to establish program goals and objectives, to plan and administer a program, coordinate associated activities, evaluate program accomplishments, redefine priorities and modify objectives.
- Display respect and compassion towards clients and colleagues.
- Participate in and/or facilitates staff competency training.
- Oversees clinic adherence to TJC (The Joint Commission) standards with the Nursing Supervisor.
- Participates in monthly staff meetings.
- Citizenship of the United States.
- Have a master’s degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master’s degree in social work.
- Must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master’s degree level.
- English Language Proficiency.Be proficient in spoken and written English
Requires a minimum of one year of post-MSW degree professional social work experience in the field of health care. This experience must have been in a clinical setting and must have demonstrated the potential to perform advanced assignments independently. (A clinical setting is a medical center, clinic - medical or psychiatric, residential treatment center, or any other type of facility where social work participates in a collaborative treatment and is identified with the medical profession.) Experience must have been obtained AFTER earning a Master's Degree in Social Work.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled