Assistant Director of Multi Site Operations Pittsburgh, PA
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
• A healing focus
• A selfless heart
• A tireless resolve
Manages specific centers and on-sites in a given market. One center will serve as the ADO’s home base where they assume COD responsibilities. 100% of time in centers/sites. Responsible for ensuring center excellence at all centers/sites assigned.
- Spends 80% of their time in patient areas ensuring every patient and client is provided with exceptional experience, leads by example and holds staff accountable to service delivery standards.
- Supports the day-to-day execution of the medical model by collaborating with and supporting clinicians to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Works with clinicians to support staff competency in regards to all patient care needs.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Manages key operations metrics and holds staff accountable: TAT, NPS, NPER and other metrics as determined by senior leadership.
- Works with leadership to identify gaps and implement changes to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ensures compliance with state regulations, reporting and facility/equipment meets the standards for optimal patient care.
- Works with leadership on all scheduling (including patients, clinicians and staff) to ensure efficient and effective clinical support, optimal turnaround times and exceptional patient experience.
- Drives patient/client experience metrics by monitoring, analyzing and taking action to resolve issues related to turnaround times. Specifically monitoring center status, wait time communication, white board and service package expectations.
- Coordinates and prepares materials for CLT meetings with the goal of improving quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures ongoing development to achieve the center’s business plan.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with Center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours
- Works with DO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies.
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Mentors and trains future leaders.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for center staff including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Drives consistent center communication that will result in optimal patient, customer care, satisfaction and business outcomes.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Accountable for center financial drivers (Employer NPS, NPER, TAT, Total Visits, Net Revenue) and review of key indicator reports in order achieve annual business plan.
- P&L ownership and financial responsibility for center budget and key business metrics.
- Maintains accountability for implementing and consistently maintaining center initiatives and work flows.
• Direct reports: Varies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field
• 3-5 years of direct management experience
• Healthcare experience preferred
- Maintain excellent client and patient relations by ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met
- Maintain client communication and work towards accommodating client needs/requests
- Review, submit and approve client protocol information
- Ensure that patients are treated as individuals and are attended to expeditiously and courteously by colleagues
- Lead by example – Acquire a first-hand knowledge of daily center operations and participate in center floor work on a routine basis
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skill by ensuring that patients are treated with competence and provided with exceptional professional healthcare
Colleague performance management to include:
- Recruit and hire colleagues (Center Operations Directors and center colleagues) who possess the skills sets consistent with Concentra’s culture
- Provide regular coaching & feedback to improve colleague performance
- Empower Center Operations Directors to assess center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience
- Assign/delegate duties with follow up to ensure completion
- Work schedule management
- Build and maintain relationships with and between Center Operations Directors and center leadership team members
- Work with Area Leadership Team to ensure quality medical care is provided to all patients
- Interact and engage with Area Leadership Team continuously and professionally in order to ensure that the needs of the centers and customers are met on a regular basis
- Guide the Center Operations Directors in continuous improvement projects as necessary based on review of center performance metrics
- Work closely and accurately within established guidelines
- Maintain accountability for implementing and consistently maintaining center programs and policies
- Implement and ensure ongoing compliance with all operational policies, procedures and training programs within all centers in assigned region
- Works with Area Leadership Team to gather marketplace trends and gather competitive information
- Financial management and oversight
- Responsible for operational and financial performance of all assigned centers
- Review and understand financial reports
- Assist in annual budget creation
- Oversee and guide Center Operations Directors in ordering supplies, managing inventory, approving invoices and selecting local vendors to minimize the cost of out sourced services
- Complete payroll as required
- Oversee market coding, compliance and charge entry practices to maximize reimbursement
- Oversee and ensure that daily currency transactions are reconciled
- Oversee and manage accounts payable, accruals and market financial management
Working conditions/physical demands
• Administrative/clinical/medical environment
• Fast paced environment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Talk to a Recruiter
Jeff is a results oriented Corporate Recruiter with over 18 years of recruiting experience. He will be celebrating 11 years with Concentra and supports our Northeast teams in the recruitment of exceptional COD’s, RT’s and MA’s to work in our Medical Centers.