Assistant Director of Operations
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
The Assistant Director of Operations (ADO) ensures optimal level of care and customer service is delivered to all customers at centers and on-sites of responsibility. The ADO manages multiple centers and on-sites within a market; one center will serve as the ADO's home base where they will assume Center Operations Director (COD) responsibilities. The ADO leads and manages all center support staff and oversees the daily operations of the medical facility within their home center. The ADO is also responsible for coordinating center activities, general facility management, overseeing patient flow, and supporting the medical and therapy providers in the delivery of patient care. Daily interaction with colleagues and patients is required through hands-on center activity including patient registration, check-out, and patient care.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Spend 80% of their time performing patient facilitation, ensuring every patient and client is provided exceptional experience, leads by example, and holds staff accountable to service delivery standards
- Support day-to-day execution of the medical model by collaborating with and supporting clinicians to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure
- Work with clinicians to support staff competency regarding all patient care needs
- Create a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, continuous improvement, reward and recognition, and patient safety
- Manage key operations metrics and holds staff accountable on Turn Around Time (TAT), Net Patient Experience Rating (NPER), Pearl C4 and other metrics as determined by senior leadership
- Work with leadership to identify gaps and implement process improvement to ensure optimal patient care
- Ensure compliance with state regulations, reporting and facility/equipment meets the standards for optimal patient care
- Coordinate scheduling (including patients, clinicians, and staff) with clinical leadership to ensure efficient and effective clinical support, optimal turnaround times, and exceptional patient experience
- Monitor center status, provide wait time communication, perform “white board” patient management, and provide service package expectations
- Coordinate and prepare material for Center Leadership Team (CLT) meetings with the goal of improving quality, patient safety, and outlier management. Ensure ongoing development to achieve the center's business plan.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours
- Work with Director of Operations (DO) and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Develop colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for center staff including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning
- Drive consistent center communication that will result in optimal patient/customer care, satisfaction, and business outcomes
- Empower and guide COD’s to assess center processes and workflows to continuously improve the patient experience, based on review of center performance metrics
- Build and maintain relationships with and between COD’s and other center leadership
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to improve colleague performance. Mentor and train current and future leaders. Elevate current leaders to engage in their colleagues' development.
- Oversee and guide COD’s in ordering supplies, managing inventory, approving invoices, and selecting local vendors to minimize the cost of outsourced services
- Oversee market coding, compliance, and charge entry practices to maximize reimbursement
- Oversee and ensure that daily currency transactions are reconciled
- Oversee and manage accounts payable, accruals and market financial management
- Work with fellow leadership to gather marketplace trends and competitive information and strategize market growth
- Implement and ensure ongoing compliance with all operational policies, procedures, and training programs in assigned centers and on-sites
- Maintain accountability for implementing and maintaining center programs, policies, initiatives and workflows
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Customarily has at least three or more years of direct management experience
- Prior healthcare experience and/or customer service-related experience preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Warm, positive, energetic, and professional demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching, performance assessment, and other aspects of performance management
- Continued focus on self-development
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client, and patient issues in an effective and timely manner
Talk to a Recruiter
Jeff is a results oriented Corporate Recruiter with over 18 years of recruiting experience. He will be celebrating 11 years with Concentra and supports our Northeast teams in the recruitment of exceptional COD’s, RT’s and MA’s to work in our Medical Centers.