Physician Center Medical Director
Are you a physician ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at a Concentra outpatient Occupational Medicine and Urgent Care focused practice in Allentown, PA as Center Medical Director and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
The Center Medical Director ensures consistency of clinical care delivery, clinician onboarding, as well as supporting market clinical and financial strategies and tactics as determined by the director team. As a Medical Director will have responsibilities of onboarding, coaching, and ensuring that standard workflows are performed and clinical delivery is best in class.
Allentown, PA is located in eastern Pennsylvania about a one-hour drive north of Philadelphia and two-hour drive west of New York City providing a great place to live and work with convenient access to major metros. Allentown is part of the Lehigh Valley metro which has a population of 800,000 across three cities and a dozen small towns offering urban, suburban and rural living. Lehigh Valley area activities include museums, art galleries, symphony, casino, summer concerts, fall community festivals and minor league AAA baseball and AHL hockey teams. The community also benefits from a variety of school options including quality public, private and charter schools. The Lehigh Valley is home to ten colleges and universities and has an active night life and a wide range of restaurants, breweries and a Wine Trail. Being in a river valley also offers a wide range of outdoor activities including kayaking, hiking/biking trails, state parks and skiing in the nearby Pocono mountains.
Benfits for full time physicians:
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veteran
- 100% center based providing direct patient care, mentoring, leading by example, and demonstrating clinical excellence and an exceptional patient experience.
- Collaborates under Director of Medical Operations (DMO) direction to identify opportunities to improve clinical quality, workflows, safety, center performance, patient and client experience and satisfaction metrics, or other facets of the practice.
- Works with director team (primarily DMO and Director of Therapy Operations (DTO) to identify clinical improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate support and workflow compliance that foster an environment optimal for patient care.
- Mentors and trains future clinical leaders as well as newly hired and tenured clinicians. Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Understands center financial drivers and outcomes, along with available tools in order to achieve annual business and strategic plans. Assists CMD’s to understand same.
- Maintains and leverages relationships with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, and local communities to drive market growth. Responds to requests and issues within 24 hours.
- Assists with the planning of clinician meetings, leads, or assists in conducting
- Assists DMO and EA in managing staffing in centers and adjustments for unforeseen coverage needs
- May be required to observe drug/alcohol testing of patients
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Board Certified Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine or related
- Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Registered with CMS
- Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution
- Preferred two years' directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope
- Preferred two years’ experience in physician management.
- Experience developing and leading medical management and quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Agrees, supports, and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business, and medical writing skills necessary to convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management Proven ability to effectively supervise other professionals
- Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to professional standards and practice guidelines
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity
- Ability to “put patients first” and enjoys treating patientsSuperior patient/customer service and “bed side manner” skills
- Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and outcome
- Displays a professional, approachable, and selfless demeanor (no arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback