Deposit Preparation Specialist Oklahoma City, OK Full Time
The ideal candidate will perform under general supervision a variety of tasks processing daily deposits, reporting deposit amounts received on a daily basis. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and separates mail daily into checks and correspondence.
- Opens checks received daily.
- Separates EOB from correspondence and other mail.
- Processes EOB's as instructed.
- Distributes received correspondence to appropriate departments daily.
- Processes checks received.
- Separates Canadian checks.
- Prepares separate deposit for Canadian checks.
- Runs two tapes off of live checks received.
- Runs one tape off of scanned/copied checks received.
- Reconciles and balances tapes.
- Completes scanning slip for live checks received.
- Scans checks and processes as needed.
- Attaches one tape to deposit slip and live checks, and one to the corresponding copied checks.
- Enters batch and deposit information into billing and collection system.
- Prints out batch cover sheets to attach to copied checks and back up from checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
Performs additional duties as assigned or deemed necessary
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with a multi location practice
- Zero to 6 months experience with general office skills
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills
- General knowledge of office machinery including copier, fax, phone
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pad by touch
- Ability to work under tight time schedules
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to assist peers
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of up to 35 lbs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans