Pharmacist PharmD PGY1 St Clairsville OH Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Clinical Pharmacist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. You will review, interpret, and verify provider’s orders/prescriptions to ensure formulary requirements are met.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Resolves drug-related questions with the prescriber in a timely fashion per local VA pharmacy standard operating procedure.
- Conducts comprehensive medication reviews and/or medication reconciliation upon provider request/referral.
- Educates providers and staff on formulary criteria/restrictions and facilitates with therapeutic substitutions.
- Provides patient consultation by reviewing patient profiles and medication orders. Evaluates patient’s ability to understand medication instructions, and provides oral and written counseling on their drug therapy.
- Maintains and updates records of drugs, allergies, and other pertinent information in patient’s medication profiles.
- Resolves prescription problems concerning mail-order process.
- Maintain licensure and professional competence through continuing education.
- Facilitates coordination of emergent fills for the community based outpatient clinic. Maintain a record of all 10 day urgent prescriptions prescribed by our clinic provider and obtained by the patient from a local pharmacy vendor (if requested by local VA facility).
- Conducts face-to-face and telemedicine visits for chronic disease state management and/or anticoagulation management under a collaborative drug therapy agreement.
- Assesses pharmacy clinic enrolled patients’ reason for referral, medical record, pertinent labs, and pharmacy medication profile.
- Collaborates with RN care managers and dietitians to provide diabetes and hypertension education and care.
- Orders labs per policies, established protocols, and/or collaborative drug therapy agreement.
- Provides patient education and counseling regarding patient’s disease state, medications, and lifestyle modifications.
- Completes patient care notes and assigned consults within 24 hours.
- Identifies patients not at treatment goals via panel management with utilization of diabetes registry.
- Assist providers with formulary conversions (including co-managed patients).
- Reviews and completes consults for non-formulary/restricted drug requests (if requested by local VA facility).
Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy with a Pharm. D degree
PGY1 or PGY2
Current licensure in state of CBOC location
Basic Life Support Certification
- Strong computer skills
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled