Medical Director, Health Department Cleveland, OH
More time for your patients and more time for you. It’s time to learn more about careers at Concentra.
Our Center Medical Directors are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, they facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your direct leadership impact the health of America’s workforce.
Medical Director will assist with advising and reviewing policy and procedures in the CDPH Health Centers.
- Participates in clinical consultation and provides medical expertise and guidance as appropriate.
- Reviews and signs agreements with the Ohio Department of Health when needed
- Regular, scheduled time at both CDPH Health Centers
- Collaboration with the Director of Nursing to plan and develop trainings and in-services for staff on best practices, new practices & procedures, etc.
- Assists with the review of Title X and IAP (immunization) grants
- Interface/assistance with Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS)
- Guidance on lead lab/lead testing
- Leadership that focuses on people development, specifically mentoring, training and developing clinical staff and colleagues
- Execute daily effective and optimal patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Build an appropriate treatment environment throughout center that follows State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/ WC Regulations
It is expected that Medical Director attend, within reason, meetings to engage with CDPH clinical and program staff and the broader community.
- Regular meetings with the Commissioner of Health to discuss on-going issues within the Division and with Department Director as needed
- Association of Ohio Health Commissioners (AOHC) - mandatory presence at annual meeting
- CDPH All Hands Meetings, typically held one time/quarter on a Friday morning
- Third Wednesday of each month, all-Nursing staff meeting
- Community Health Assessment/Implementation (CHA/CHIP) related meetings
- Health Homes Lead Advisory Council, Medical Subcommittee (convenes quarterly at CCBH)
- Healthy Cleveland meetings where a medical opinion would be of assistance
- City Council hearings as needed
Medical Director shall assist or consult with disease registry and outbreak conditions:
- Outbreak work-ups
- Consultation on Class A Conditions
- Availability for 24/7 emergency phone line
- Two (2) times per year must respond (within a specified time frame) to ODH test calls
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred
- Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights, no weekends, no holidays – along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re ready for a fresh start, consider Concentra.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans