Performs drug screens from various mediums including urine, hair and alcohol (when applicable and certified) in accordance with Concentra policies and practices and government regulations and drug screen regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs urine drug screens (UDS) for both DOT and Non-DOT drug screens using the proper chain of custody, and ensuring proper preparation for pick-up and shipment to the appropriate lab.
- Performs alcohol testing and forwards results to employer in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Maintains proper storage and organization of chain of custody by client company and house accounts.
- Maintains adequate collection materials for all laboratories.
- Maintains proper procedures and supplies used for hair collection.
- Assists in medical record maintenance.
- Assists in result reporting with the approval of the Center Administrator.
- Performs check-in and check-out procedures in accordance with front desk policy and procedures.
- Maintains current rules and regulations from DOT on drug screens and alcohol testing.
- Educates staff on policy changes and procedures.
- Performs other tasks and duties requested by Company, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of occupational medicine.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
- High School graduate or equivalent
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Previous medical office experience.
- Previous experience in occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
- Previous experience in clinical operations.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled