Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Front Office Specialist/Medical Assistant. The Front Office Specialist/Medical Assistant is one of the most important roles in our company. You are the face of Concentra to our communities. We will rely on your ability to maintain a calm, friendly and welcoming demeanor under just about any circumstances.
Concentra offers limitless growth opportunities so you can continue to build your career in the health care field. You will receive hands-on training and gain valuable experience caring for patients every day. Your positive attitude and excellent communication skills will make a direct, meaningful impact on the patient experience.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
As the first and last point of contact to our patients, you will ensure patients feel comfortable during their visit, multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in customer service environment preferred
- Demonstrated Intermediate knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data entry
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by the treating providers and in accordance with state regulations
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled