Occupational Therapist PRN
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
The Occupational Therapist will perform clinical duties including evaluations, formulating a treatment plan and ensuring that all aspects of the treatment plan are carried out concurrent with the medical protocols established by Concentra Health Services. The occupational therapist will coordinate with the Center Therapy Director to perform business and financial duties directly related to the provision of therapy services at the center.
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Ensure delivery of high-quality patient care services
- Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
- Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
- Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
- Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
- Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities
- Inform Therapy Director of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner
- Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential
- Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
- Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
- Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
- Secure prescription for each patient treated.
- Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
- Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
- Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college/university
- Current state licensure as an Occupational Therapist
- Successful completion of the National Registry Examination
- Valid BLS
- Customarily has at least the following experience: 2 years
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Customarily has at least two or more years of demonstrated clinical experience with hand, wrist and elbow rehabilitation
- Ortho-outpatient experience, preferred