Physical Therapy Support Specialist Albuquerque, NM
Center address: 5700 Harper Dr NE Ste. 110 Albuquerque, NM 87109
Performs a variety of tasks in a clinic setting to enable Therapists to advise and treat patients in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
- Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
- Contacts appropriate payer (employer/insurance carrier) to obtain authorization for requested therapy services.
- Submits required documentation to payer to assist in authorization process.
- Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
- Documents all appropriate information per Policy and Procedure.
- Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the referring CMC
Provider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager and other involved parties.
- Communicates with center staff as necessary.
- Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy Director.
- Reports to Center Therapy Director, with dotted line to Center Administrator
- Occusource-Check in therapy
- Check out – therapy
- Charge out therapy
- Escorts patients and coordinate flow
- Pulls medical records and process charts
- Calls no shows
- Maintains authorization process/logs
- Tracks Plan of Care
Patient Care/Dept. maintenance: (increase therapist efficiency)
- Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the appropriate information on the provider board.
- Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy Director
- Call for authorization and document on correct form. If after 3 attempts, is unsuccessful in obtaining authorization, contact employer and notify Medical Director and Center Therapy Director.
- Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the next day and fill out appropriate log.
- Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
- Wash/Fold therapy linens.
- Wipe down treatment tables.
- Refill ultra sound bottles.
- Check temperature of hydro collator / paraffin bath and record in daily log.
- Performs HPEs
- Maintain inventory of therapy supplies and printed forms.
- Discard electrodes of discharged patients.
- Put together packets for Group Health Marketing.
- Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
- Maintain inventory Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
- Defrost cold pack collator.
- Performs department cleaning
- Completes Essential Functions inventory form
- Assists with patient set up/take down
- Supervises exercise programs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Office environment
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- High school diploma or GED-
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:-
- Ability to lead and supervise people
- Working knowledge of credentialing processes and procedures and systems.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of credentialing organizations such as URAC, JCAHO, NCQA
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans