Nurse Practitioner PRN
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? At Concentra, you will be a vital member of our patient care team and play a crucial role in providing exceptional care to our patients. Our mission is to improve the health of America's workforce, one patient at a time. Join us at Concentra and see how your clinical competency and compassion can make a meaningful difference in the lives of the patients you serve.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you initiate, develop and implement nursing care plans in accordance with state laws and concurrent with Concentra medical protocols in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable.
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and protocols.
- Observes and evaluates patient, records condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Evaluates outcome of patient care
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
- May direct nursing care through nursing staff
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy or related therapeutic procedures.
- Arranges referrals, consultations, therapeutic services and confers with other specialists on course of care and treatment.
- Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
- Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Assists in medical record maintenance by keeping health, administrative, and program records onsite, safeguarding confidentiality of employee health information.
- Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
- Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients, clients and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
- Dedicated to exceeding customer and patient expectations as measured by NPER/NPS/TATs.
- Ensures accuracy when completing and executing tasks such as drug screens, DOTs, bandaging, dressings and performing quality assurance checks.
- Ensures accurate, concise, timely and complete documentation of results and paperwork.
- Provides an excellent, compassionate and warm patient experience regardless of patient volume.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs such as scheduling and working additional/different hours/shifts when appropriate.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality care in a busy clinical environment.
- Takes action to assist in other areas and to do what is needed to ensure an excellent patient experience.
- Seeks out opportunities for additional clinical training and self-development in order to consistently provide quality care.
- Effectively communicates with all patients, clients, supervisors and peers while incorporating Orange Book values.
- Listens to and understands internal and external client needs in order to act and address
- Committed to personal excellence and understands how daily work contributes to center operation as a whole.
- Holds self and others accountable. Is willing and able to assist others in order to achieve results.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors’ degree in Nursing or related health field from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in nursing or related health field from an accredited college or university
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Current licensed nurse practitioner in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
- Must maintain work state nurse practitioner licensure throughout the course of employment
- Customarily has at least two years of demonstrated experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that govern delivery of rehabilitation services
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures and all processes involved in the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education